Ensign
# 1 Launcher crashing
05-18-2013, 05:06 AM
Each time I start the game I seem to be d/ling the same 3000kb patch over and over again. Get into the game and everything looks the same as when I stopped playing back in February. I then exit the game and the launcher window pops up again showing a 5GB patch being d/led but I never get more than a few thousand kb's before the window just shuts down. The only info I have on this particular window is the patching animation and the Legacy picture.

Any ideas? Getting to the point of just not bothering with coming back if PWE can't have a proper launcher that works.
Ensign
# 2
05-18-2013, 05:57 AM
I'm having launcher issues too. I would have made a new thread about it since it's different to the OP's problem. However since coming back to STO and having to make a PW account I can no longer access my old forum account thus can't make any new threads.

Anyway my problem is the launcher makes my PC crash after about 5 mins of downloading. I have tested and re-tested and it is definitely the launcher that's causing it. So at this point I can't download the patch at all.

datrick04: May I suggest you try going into the options from the launcher window and tick 'force verify' and 'disable automatic downloading' I read in another thread this has helped some people with issues similar to yours.

"Getting to the point of just not bothering with coming back if PWE can't have a proper launcher that works"