Lt. Commander
# 11
01-24-2012, 11:24 PM
Are you the one that can fix the trees so that they no longer look like a stacked deck of cards from Alice In Wonderland?

Can you make the water in the game actually react to our Toons, when we walk through it??

Are you the one we bug to get the Bridge Interiors closer to the actual scale of our Toons???
(or what they should be)

Can you get rid of the Abundance of Asteroid Rings around the multitude of planets in the Sector Space Missions????

Can you make the BROWN Nebula around DS-9 PURPLE, like it should be?????

What..., is Your Name?

What..., Is Your Quest??

What ..., is Your Favorite Color???

Answer carefully or face the Wrath of STO Nerds everywhere... (and a few Monty Python ones as well...)

:p
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-24-2012, 11:45 PM
HA HA! I'm looking forward to this, but I'll warn you all up front. . . this is now my 3rd (?) week on the project. my feet are barely wet (I'm a wuss when it comes to getting into the pool) so I will likely not be capable of answering a lot of these. I apologize in advance for everything I don't answer, answer wrong, etc. It will happen. . .

Still, ask away.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-24-2012, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
HA HA! I'm looking forward to this, but I'll warn you all up front. . . this is now my 3rd (?) week on the project. my feet are barely wet (I'm a wuss when it comes to getting into the pool) so I will likely not be capable of answering a lot of these. I apologize in advance for everything I don't answer, answer wrong, etc. It will happen. . .

Still, ask away.
Heh...

Looks like you'll be visiting the bottom of the crevasse below The Bridge of STO, sooner than I thought...

<chuckle>
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-25-2012, 01:35 AM
whats next on your schedule of places to touch up?

do you have the freedom to just touch up things that look nasty no matter where they are, or is your work more focused on a particular set of maps?

do you create new sounds, geometry, and textures to add to maps as part of your environmental work or do you plug in existing assets that other team members have made?

what places would you like to create or touch up in the not too distant future?

How do you and the other devs judge an environment to be complete/ready?

what does an average day of work entail for you?

how did you get started as an environmental artist?

its probably been mentioned in numerous forums already, but why the fanged taco headed avatar?

do you like tacos, and if so from where and what kind?
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-25-2012, 02:32 AM
I'd like to know more about your background and how it relates to your current position of "environmental artist extraordinaire".

While new to the group here at STO, what things have caught your eye as needing your attention?
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-25-2012, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish1
Hi Tumerboy, I would really like to see more weather effects and wildlife added to the exterior maps, is this something you get involved in?
A nice one.

What type of environments do you personally love to do? Interiors, cityscapes, natural landscapes or space vistas? What would you love to do after you've finished with the DS9 episodes?
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-25-2012, 05:26 AM
Thank you Priority One and now my question...

Hello Tumerboy,

What one single cannon art asset from memory (watching the shows/movies) would you like to add to STO the most (that's not yet in game)?

Cheers,

Alecto
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-25-2012, 07:29 AM
Have you ever considered pulling a "Terry Austin" by hiding images of Popeye in your backgrounds? (Feel free to substitute "Kirk," "Picard," "a watermelon," "a sports car," "a table," or "12.75 ounces of deli-sliced lunch meat" for "Popeye.")
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-25-2012, 07:31 AM
Follow-up:

(1) Do you know who Terry Austin is?

(2) Do you see a wheelchair under Mark Harmon?
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-25-2012, 07:54 AM
I'll go:

What kind of environment would you love to create for STO, from the shows if Kestrel and the content team would agree to write them in? 1920s New York? Orion pleasure palaces? The baseball stadium from DS9? What piques your interest?