Lt. Commander
# 21
01-25-2012, 09:20 AM
i got one:

if you had the choice to add ONE replica Item (something Canon from the Series) to the game that isn't in the game yet, what would that be?

(personally i'd go with one of the two TNG Movie Phaser Rifles)
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-25-2012, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I'll go:

What kind of environment would you love to create for STO, from the shows if Kestrel and the content team would agree to write them in? 1920s New York? Orion pleasure palaces? The baseball stadium from DS9? What piques your interest?
I'd like to add to Leviathan's question.

STO feels very heavily instanced and lifeless in many areas. The social areas are more utilitarian than alive. As an environment artist, do you have any thoughts on how to improve the feeling of the universe? If budget and time were not an issue, what improvement would you make?

Edit: This is my opinion of most of the game's areas and zones. If you do not share this opinion (at least a little) then I understand it might not be possible to answer the question.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-25-2012, 09:52 AM
Are there plans to add a Lunar City zone to STO?
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-25-2012, 09:54 AM
Will there be some major Fleet Administrative upgrades to help make fleets more unique and customizable?
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-25-2012, 10:54 AM
How about, 'when will we be able to visit our bridge without "beaming down"' and go back to tactical view without "beaming up"?'
EB
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-25-2012, 11:11 AM
If you were given the choice, what is the first environment you would scrap and rebuild from scratch? Why?
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-25-2012, 11:14 AM
Do you feel that KDF content is a priority for your company or do you feel it is something you (Cryptic) can tinker with over time?
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-25-2012, 11:17 AM
First of all, since you were very recently hired, I want to welcome you to the STO community. Passes Tumerboy a hot cup of raktajino and invites him to sit and chat with the community in Quark's bar.

Um, I think the biggest question in my mind related to the environments of STO is will you be working with the content devs on introducing the Star-trek concept of terraforming to STO? If you can't remember what terraforming is, Memory Alpha explains, "Terraforming was the process of reshaping or otherwise modifying the ecology of a planet or moon to make it more habitable for life that depends on an environment much like Earth."

Ok, so, a few more questions related to the first?

1. Do you think it would be cool to a have a mission where you and a team of biologists and scientists terraform a planet?

2. Would you be interested in creating the environments for such a mission?
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-25-2012, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
HA HA! I'm looking forward to this, but I'll warn you all up front. . . this is now my 3rd (?) week on the project. my feet are barely wet (I'm a wuss when it comes to getting into the pool) so I will likely not be capable of answering a lot of these. I apologize in advance for everything I don't answer, answer wrong, etc. It will happen. . .

Still, ask away.
*chuckles and then shoves taco boy into the pool*

*walks away* :p
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-25-2012, 11:23 AM
Tumerboy, shortly after the release of Star Trek Online, there was a big push to get customizable and functional ship interiors added into the game, the ultimate goal being to allow players to configure their vessels as they saw fit. We saw some early introduction of this, and it showed promise, but then the project seemed to fizzle out. There have since been many calls for this project to be picked back up (along with innumerable requests to correct the huge scaling problems and very poor design on a number of the bridges). Can you tell us if this is something that Cryptic plans to get back to? Many people derive their enjoyment of an MMO from its immersiveness, and I can think of no place more immersive in Star Trek Online than the center seat of your ship's bridge.

Thanks!