Lt. Commander
# 1 pvp quiters
01-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Why oh why !!!! queue for a short time, in most cases a long time, to enter a pvp arena only to warp out after a few mins because you got blown up a few times or the match is not going your way, or you dont like who is on the other team?.

This is really starting to anoy me

To those of you who do this please read on why this in my humble opinion is BAD DOODOO....

1) You warp out and leave your team a man down.

2) It ruins the expierence for the PvP'ers that want to fight.

3) It ends up been no challenge to the team with a full squad against a team with less members than themselfs.

So your in a PuG team and you end up against a pre made (TSI, SOB, 300, SAD PANDAS, LaFam, 528, to name but a few) and you dont like it, who cares, use this as training, home your skills, use it as tanking practice, Its what I do and it makes me a better pvp'er for it.

We all know there is some nasty cheese consoles out there (and dam do I wish some had not been invented) but guess what... they are here so deal with them, learn from them they are here and theres nothing we can do about it. So if you get AM or SS or any other you dont agree with, dont just warp out, stick with it and think about what you can do to counter them or survive them, learn from it for next time.

me personaly... I would rather someone vent off in zone chat about their gripes so I can have a chuckle and have a bit of banter, rather than someone just warping out.

Rant over lol.

This is not ment to offend or upset anyone, just a bit of frustration.
Hope your all well
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-05-2012, 04:32 AM
I have a post it note on my desk with a few names scribbled. It's my logger post it. It's there to remind me who to kill first.

Good thing is that most of them don't last long in the game anyways and their will be another group hitting the q's soon.

Bah.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-05-2012, 04:42 AM
Weak-willed?
They lacked the convictions of thier choice to fight a living player?
They think PvP should be like PvE and a cake-walk of gameplay, easily rolled through and victory achieved with minimal effort?
They missed the sign at the door that said, " Beware! Here be Klingons" :p
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-05-2012, 05:01 AM
What happens when you hit the transwarp button to esd by accident in the middle of a good klink battle?

Reasons to leave a match:
Real life event
5 vs 1, let them know your leaving
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-05-2012, 05:43 AM
Don't be afraid of dying, fed comrades, don't be ashamed to lose in front of a ruthless enemy when you have fought with all your strength until the inevitable end.
I know these are hard times for us and the Klinguns have more spam and cheese than ever, but it's wrong to begin fighting and escape if defeat seems inevitable.
If you don't want to suffer humiliating defeats then leave the PvP queues and go to Ker'rat, where we feds and the klis collide to control this strategic area and where you can prove your valor.
Here you'll find many brave feds trying a standoff against our enemy of all time, the vicious KDF!
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-05-2012, 06:02 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonoa View Post
What happens when you hit the transwarp button to esd by accident in the middle of a good klink battle?
Does that even work? Only time I've been in a System and Transwarped is at Qo'nos. Which admittedly is fun to watch and do but I've never been able to transwarp from inside K or a que before.

Quote:
Reasons to leave a match:
Real life event
5 vs 1, let them know your leaving
1) Give Notice to keep others from getting the wrong impression. " Hey, gotta go. Emergency" if possible works well

2) Let them know it just too fed or Klink heavy and leave. Once again to keep others from getting the wrong impression.

Both Valid reasons and a little communication would go a long way.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-05-2012, 06:48 AM
I don't get the bailout thing. It's a GAME. So you lose sometimes. So effing what?

As long as I have to wait sometimes to get into a match, I'm sticking around to the end, even if my side loses 15-0. The way I see it, I might learn something by seeing how the other team operates. They also might illuminate a hole in my methods, tactics or gear.

Losing a match is a learning experience, and IMO, those who ragequit probably could use some education.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-05-2012, 06:54 AM
[quote=Roach;3932776]
Quote:
Does that even work? Only time I've been in a System and Transwarped is at Qo'nos. Which admittedly is fun to watch and do but I've never been able to transwarp from inside K or a que before.

1) Give Notice to keep others from getting the wrong impression. " Hey, gotta go. Emergency" if possible works well

2) Let them know it just too fed or Klink heavy and leave. Once again to keep others from getting the wrong impression.

Both Valid reasons and a little communication would go a long way.
Yes, it works. I accidentally T/W'd to ESD near the end of an STF the other night. I wanted to hit myself.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-05-2012, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark_Kent View Post
I don't get the bailout thing. It's a GAME. So you lose sometimes. So effing what?

As long as I have to wait sometimes to get into a match, I'm sticking around to the end, even if my side loses 15-0. The way I see it, I might learn something by seeing how the other team operates. They also might illuminate a hole in my methods, tactics or gear.

Losing a match is a learning experience, and IMO, those who ragequit probably could use some education.
Sometimes I get it. In 5 vs 1 and similar extremely unbalanced matches - it's typically a waste of time, even if you let them kill you quickly as the one in the minority. (In a 5 vs 5 between a terrible PuG and a good Team, the enemy side will probably kill you quickly enough so that warping out isn't much faster - and you may still have a chance of achieving smaller goals - like getting at least one kill and that is an achievement and a learning experience.)

Real life events, of course, are also valid to leave.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-05-2012, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Sometimes I get it. In 5 vs 1 and similar extremely unbalanced matches - it's typically a waste of time, even if you let them kill you quickly as the one in the minority.
Seems to me that if you elect to join an unbalanced match, you've only got yourself to blame for that. You can always decline if the queue looks ugly. Of course, that doesn't apply if your teammates bail on you. In that case, it's time for Experiments With Self-Destruct Mode.