Lt. Commander
# 41
01-27-2012, 08:17 PM
I feel like the Galaxy was made to be exploration vessel. Not a warship. Mainly during the dominion war it was seen acting as tank. They take lots of damage, but have high powered weapons(mk X). I like the way they have the galaxy implemented now, but you raise a good point that during operation return it seem like they amped up the power.

I feel like they should have combat focused varrent, as they do in the dreadnought. But in that case I do agree its underpowered and needs Lt com tac slots and one more tac console. Afterall THIS IS THE WARSHIP REFIT. Not the one with little kids running around.
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-27-2012, 08:19 PM
Guys, stop argiung about which ship is better. Stop it. STOP IT.

STOP ARGUING ABOUT IT.
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-27-2012, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten-Nemesis View Post

STOP ARGUING ABOUT IT.
^^^ This. Myself included in that statement.
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-28-2012, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten-Nemesis View Post

STOP ARGUING ABOUT IT.
I think the Type 8 Shuttle is the best.
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-28-2012, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
I think the Type 8 Shuttle is the best.
NOOOO, the U.S.S Lollypop is better.
It's the only ship I know that was called "a good ship" on the shows.
Lt. Commander
# 46
01-28-2012, 04:46 AM
Oh this has to be sorted... The Galaxy Class was a primary exploration, humanitarian, diplomatic, science, and everything else vessle. It was not a primary warship, not at all. In the game it has to be a bit heftier, and more consistant. But in the show the Galaxy class was actually no slouch. It was a match for the Ferengi D'Kora class, The Cardassian Keldon class, and The Romulan D'deridex class. It even heavily out matched the Klingon Negh'Var Warships. The reason the Odessy couldn't handle the Jem'Hadar attack ships was because it couldn't defend it self. Plus someone didn't really try.

On topic; the Galaxy gets plenty of love, god knows I see enough of them every day, EVERYWHERE.
Lt. Commander
# 47
01-28-2012, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessYuujirou View Post
Oh this has to be sorted... The Galaxy Class was a primary exploration, humanitarian, diplomatic, science, and everything else vessle. It was not a primary warship, not at all. In the game it has to be a bit heftier, and more consistant. But in the show the Galaxy class was actually no slouch. It was a match for the Ferengi D'Kora class, The Cardassian Keldon class, and The Romulan D'deridex class. It even heavily out matched the Klingon Negh'Var Warships. The reason the Odessy couldn't handle the Jem'Hadar attack ships was because it couldn't defend it self. Plus someone didn't really try.

On topic; the Galaxy gets plenty of love, god knows I see enough of them every day, EVERYWHERE.
Galaxy actually fighting Negh'var and Keldon?
Did I miss anything?
Lt. Commander
# 48
01-28-2012, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Galaxy actually fighting Negh'var and Keldon?
Did I miss anything?
I'm not sure if it was ever in the show, but it was stated that the Galaxy was on a level field fighting a Keldon. The Negh'Var was at a disadvantage to the Galaxy class, and it's counterparts.
Lt. Commander
# 49
01-28-2012, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessYuujirou View Post
I'm not sure if it was ever in the show, but it was stated that the Galaxy was on a level field fighting a Keldon. The Negh'Var was at a disadvantage to the Galaxy class, and it's counterparts.
Stated?
Seriously...when? Where?
Lt. Commander
# 50
01-28-2012, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Stated?
Seriously...when? Where?
Episodes of TNG, technical manuals, production staff...