Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I was browsing around on the website when I went to the news section and saw this...

http://trekmovie.com/2012/01/24/patr...for-star-trek/
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-26-2012, 03:19 AM
wow, to think Stewart's agent even suggested that the series would die in its 1st season let alone a 6th, lol.

To revive an ICONIC series eh... Hollywood still needs alot to learn about fan love for a series.

They forget that the original series was going to be canceld very early on, and if it were not for two ordinary couple that started a petition and created a firestorm to revive it, there would have never been the TOS that we all know and love, before it was ultimately canceled.

Goes to show you the power of just one individual.

Patrick Stewart in my eyes is a brilliant actor, loved him in TNG, but I also love many of his works - I liked the MOBY **** version in which he played in, also saw him in the Excalibur film, as well as the X-MEN featured films.

He to me is the live version of the ICONIC Professor X and will remain so forever.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-26-2012, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ_2011
I was browsing around on the website when I went to the news section and saw this...

http://trekmovie.com/2012/01/24/patr...for-star-trek/
Thanks for posting
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-26-2012, 04:08 AM
I liked the first comment down the page. Someone does not consider TNG to be canon.




........what?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-26-2012, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV7
wow, to think Stewart's agent even suggested that the series would die in its 1st season let alone a 6th, lol.

To revive an ICONIC series eh... Hollywood still needs alot to learn about fan love for a series.

They forget that the original series was going to be canceld very early on, and if it were not for two ordinary couple that started a petition and created a firestorm to revive it, there would have never been the TOS that we all know and love, before it was ultimately canceled.

Goes to show you the power of just one individual.

Patrick Stewart in my eyes is a brilliant actor, loved him in TNG, but I also love many of his works - I liked the MOBY **** version in which he played in, also saw him in the Excalibur film, as well as the X-MEN featured films.

He to me is the live version of the ICONIC Professor X and will remain so forever.
Hollywood knows this. The new generation are watching utter crap on TV, stuff that is cheap to make, numbs the brain but attracts the stupid. There is plenty stupid people in every country to keep the ratings of TV high.

Solution is launching new movies and series online before anywhere else. A Startrek website with subscription, the entire world could instantly access and pay for a new movie plus access the entire series. Marketing could be done on Facebook, a free 20 minute access to the movie and all that sort of stuff.

Hollywood is still not taking advantage of the the internet enough it's such a shame.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-26-2012, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
I liked the first comment down the page. Someone does not consider TNG to be canon.




........what?
Seriously. If TNG isn't canon then only TOS and the first 6 movies can be called canon. That comment made no sense at all.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-26-2012, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
Seriously. If TNG isn't canon then only TOS and the first 6 movies can be called canon. That comment made no sense at all.
Don't forget the three seasons of TAS

It was partly because of Patrick Stewart did being voted "sexiest man" in 1992 that I didn't win so I have had a grudge against him since.

I was TOTALLY joking about the TNG cannon thing.. Relax..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-26-2012, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFR_MACO_Specialist
Thanks for posting
Your welcome, I was suprised when I read and watched about what his agent said about TNG and that he was voted sexiest man in 1992.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-26-2012, 11:39 AM
I bet his agent was like "Hell yeah, I was right!" when Season 1 started airing. I'm actually surprised the show survived to a second season myself.

But yes, Patrick Stewart is still the sexiest man from Star Trek. I really have to find that picture of him, Kate Mulgrew and William Shatner, where he's ripped and the other two are like grizzly bears.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-27-2012, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radkip View Post
I bet his agent was like "Hell yeah, I was right!" when Season 1 started airing. I'm actually surprised the show survived to a second season myself.

But yes, Patrick Stewart is still the sexiest man from Star Trek. I really have to find that picture of him, Kate Mulgrew and William Shatner, where he's ripped and the other two are like grizzly bears.
He had to be in shape to fight Magneto.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:24 PM.