Lt. Commander
I'm having a bit of an issue with Commander Romaine/the biological sample.

I acquired the sample, spoke to Romaine, and then went to the console to deposit it. No matter how many times I try, it just says "Biological Sample Required," and the "Deposit Sample" directive is sill active in my mission window.

Any ideas why it's not taking the sample? Or am I just not noticing something, or maybe doing something wrong? I'd appreciate any help! Thank you!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2010, 12:47 PM
I am having the same problem and opened a ticket on it. THough I don't expect a response for quite some time yet. There are a lot of issues the dev's are trying to cope with.

I can't stay logged into a server and try to warp to a star system without getting bumped offline 3 of 5 times.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2010, 01:32 PM
I had this same problem last night; she tells me to deposit the samples so I tried to do so. I went over the terminal just South of her and it would not accept them; when you hover the mouse over it the cursor turns to the little gears icon, but it does not actually do anything when I clicked. It was getting late so I just tried dropping the quest completely and I will try to start it again later today.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Did you possible sell the sample, or put it in your bank? I don't remember in live, but in beta he actually put something in your inventory. If you lost it, you could go back to him and ask for another one.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the suggestion! I went back to spacedock and double-checked with Egg... he doesn't have another sample to give me. I didn't sell it, and I haven't even deposited anything in the bank yet. Not sure what to do... I can't continue with the Memory Alpha mission if this won't work.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Don't forget that once you have deposited the sample, you have to speak to Romaine again to complete the quest.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Yup, I've talked to her a dozen times! She just says the same things she would say to you before you even got the sample from Egg... as if you never showed her the deposit or anything.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-09-2010, 12:55 PM
If you really want to deposit your biological sample with Cdr Romaine, you may need to buy her dinner first.

Lt. Commander
# 9
02-09-2010, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenBrillig
If you really want to deposit your biological sample with Cdr Romaine, you may need to buy her dinner first.

hahaha good one.. was wondering how long it would take for the humor tribble to arrive
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-09-2010, 09:53 PM
I've gone back to M.A. a couple of times now, and still the same issue. I've collected so many samples from all my other missions, but right now, they seem somewhat useless! Hmmph!