Lt. Commander
# 31
01-25-2012, 02:33 PM
Thank you for sharing more details about the ships setup. I am happy to hear that it's a Star Cruiser because I fly the Nomad for nearly 1 1/2 years now and I would like to change to some ship with similar stats and that fits to my play-style as well ^^

I definitevly will be there on 3rd february.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-25-2012, 02:33 PM
The turn rate should be a little better. Any new ships should maneuver as well as the Sovereign Class does or better(most likely better).
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-25-2012, 02:34 PM
yeah, yeah, looks nice yadda yadda...
What about the KDF flagship...?
Please...?
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore Shrvk
Yeah, I do like the fact of the universal BOFF slots, and the hull and power bonuses are nice but....

Turn rate 5.5 and 3 sci and 2 tac consoles....YUCK! I don't see myself giving up my assault cruiser anytime soon.

Before it is not too late I'd strongly reccomend doing this,
  • Since it is the "latest" Starfleet design let's not have it handle worse than the Galaxy buses and at least make the turn rate slightly better than the assault cruisers.
  • Second, think outside the box and give it a "semi-universal" console slot that will accept EITHER a science or tactical console. Especially since pretty much all but a few science consoles really only benefit science captains the most whereas tactical consoles have the benefit of effecting all combat.
I largely agree with this, but still like the ship. The turn rate shouldn't really be worse than a Galaxy class (I don't agree with a better turn rate than the assault cruiser though). I like the console slot idea.

I'm very curious what improvements the C-Store variant(s) will have over the base version.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-25-2012, 02:38 PM
I do like the flexibility that the universal BOFF slots allow on this ship--it lets you choose your "second officer" (the Lt. Cmdr slot) any way you wish. Too bad they didn't make it 2 Sci/2 Tac/1 Universal console layout too--that would have cemented the idea of "flexibility" as the Odyssey's theme.

That said, the rest of the numbers look to be set up to put it on a par with the existing tier 5.5 cruisers (Dreadnought, Excelsior Retrofit, Galaxy Retrofit), which I think is a good thing inasmuch as it makes it worthwhile to use in battle but does not make it the "One Ship to Rule Them All". I do hope that they add Saucer Separation for the C-store version, though.
Lt. Commander
# 36
Looks like I was a little off on my ship prediction:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...&postcount=115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protector View Post
I'm hoping for the ship to be:

Commander Engineering
Lieutenant Commander Universal
Lieutenant Science
Lieutenant Tactical

3 Tactical Consoles
3 Engineering Consoles
3 Science Consoles

4 device slots and of course 4 weapons fore and aft
39k Hull. 8 turning. 1200 Crew

And of course we know from Captain Logan's Twitter that it'll have saucer sep.

This way it'll be a good ship for ALL careers and still be a cruiser.

Almost positive it WON'T be what I want above, but I can hope, right?
See, dreams can come true...
Lt. Commander
# 37
Yes, give it more turn rate, so all the rest of the cruiser became useless.
Hell, is free, the only cost is the ship diversity. Who cares?
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-25-2012, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
5.5 turn rate. Looks like the Galaxy's been dethroned from the slowest-in-starfleet position.

Still, a cruiser with an LTC tac and ensign sci has always been my dream boff setup, and those universals will make it possible. It might pull me out of my MVAM for a few weeks.

I notice no mention of special powers.
The +1 isn't ready for the c-store yet!
Lt. Commander
# 39
since she is a cruiser, will she be better with a engineer?
Lt. Commander
# 40
So an extra 3,000 hull (the same number the Vor'cha-R loses, making this Cruiser equal the Vo'quv), so about an 8% bonus. A 1.1 shield modifier instead of a 1.0 modifier, so +10% shields. And a Universal Lt.Commander and Ensign slot. For which is loses 1.5 turning from an Assault or Star Cruiser, or 0.5 from a Galaxy... making it's turn rate smack dab in the middle between a Galaxy and a Vo'quv.