Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Oddesy stats
01-25-2012, 02:41 PM
Weapons: 4 Fore, 4 Aft
Device Slots: 4
Console Upgrades: 2 Tactical, 4 Engineering, 3 Science

No surprises here... in line with most of the big cruisers..

Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Tactical, 1 Commander Engineering, 1 Lieutenant Science, 1 Ensign Universal, 1 Lieutenant Commander Universal

Two unversal BOFF slots. Yes indeed a versitile ship!

Hull Strength: 42,000
Maximum Warp: 9.996
Turn Rate: 5.5
Impulse Modifier: 0.15
Shield Modifier: 1.1

+5 Power to all subsystems


I was expecting a little more hull strength. And look! Something the dreanought Cruiser can out turn!
Definatly not a dog fighter. Bet she drift turns like nobody's business! Shields will be 10% stronger then other cruisers, aand that +5 power will be nice..

Whats not mentioned. Auxillury craft, scaucer seperation.
I suspecct those may not be on the base ship. Itt possible they'll be an in gamee purchaseable mod, or may be a C-Store +1 version of the ship (wwhich with the heavier shilds and universal BOFF slots is allready pretty plus.

Of course we'll all find out in a few days.. But she shore is pretty. Her KDF counterpart should maatch her capabilities. That KDF Flagship is going to be one scary monster of a ship.


I'm curious what sort of build people would come up with. Please include a glossery of terms for the new players... who may not be up quite yet on the technical lingo of STO..

Khemaraa sends.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2 Re Oddesy stats
01-25-2012, 02:45 PM
It’s seems like it would make a good engineers beam boat with perhaps “some” teeth with the addition of the slot universal lieutenant commanders slot. Just don’t try to turn it. Lol!

“Turn you fool!! Turn!! Before they blast us out of the stars!” :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-25-2012, 02:47 PM
2 tactical consoles does seem a bit less I would have hoped for 3 myself.

The rest is nice but not sure yet.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-25-2012, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivoe1574 View Post
It’s seems like it would make a good engineers beam boat with perhaps “some” teeth with the addition of the slot universal lieutenant commanders slot. Just don’t try to turn it. Lol!

“Turn you fool!! Turn!! Before they blast us out of the stars!” :p
Its essentially the Exploration Retrofit with 3000 more hull and 2 universal BOff slots. Anyone used to handling one will get along just fine.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-25-2012, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwoodcock01 View Post
2 tactical consoles does seem a bit less I would have hoped for 3 myself.

The rest is nice but not sure yet.
BAH. Federation has always said they do not build warships. Do you admit that to be a lie?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-25-2012, 07:35 PM
Small Correction here...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemaraa_Iron_Hand_KBF View Post
Weapons: 4 Fore, 4 Aft
Device Slots: 4
Console Upgrades: 2 Tactical, 4 Engineering, 3 Science

No surprises here... in line with most of the big cruisers..

Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Tactical, 1 Commander Engineering, 1 Lieutenant Science, 1 Ensign Universal, 1 Lieutenant Commander Universal

Two unversal BOFF slots. Yes indeed a versitile ship!

Hull Strength: 42,000
Maximum Warp: 9.996
Turn Rate: 5.5
Impulse Modifier: 0.15
Shield Modifier: 1.1

+5 Power to all subsystems
+10 Power to Shields, +10 Power to Auxiliary


Link

I was expecting a little more hull strength. And look! Something the dreanought Cruiser can out turn!
Definatly not a dog fighter. Bet she drift turns like nobody's business! Shields will be 10% stronger then other cruisers, aand that +5 power will be nice..

Whats not mentioned. Auxillury craft, scaucer seperation.
I suspecct those may not be on the base ship. Itt possible they'll be an in gamee purchaseable mod, or may be a C-Store +1 version of the ship (wwhich with the heavier shilds and universal BOFF slots is allready pretty plus.

Of course we'll all find out in a few days.. But she shore is pretty. Her KDF counterpart should maatch her capabilities. That KDF Flagship is going to be one scary monster of a ship.


I'm curious what sort of build people would come up with. Please include a glossery of terms for the new players... who may not be up quite yet on the technical lingo of STO..

Khemaraa sends.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-25-2012, 07:59 PM
If I had to make a prediction, I'd say this would completely replace the Star Cruiser as an effective healer.

The increase in durability as well as SCI compatibility for heals is rather impressive.

The Odyssey would make an AMAZING healer. It would give Sci players a cruiser option that they previously wouldn't have outside of Klingon carriers. Not to say it could EVER replace ships like the Intrepid, it is a nice alternative option and it would be interesting to see what develops on that end for SCI and ENG players.

You're high if you ever touch this ship as a Tac.

Other than that, I don't honestly feel the ship has much utility.

Heals. Sci Cruiser. And... that's about it.

Again... AMAZING healer though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-25-2012, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
BAH. Federation has always said they do not build warships. Do you admit that to be a lie?
Pfft do we have to pull out Sisko's quote about warships? :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-25-2012, 11:36 PM
It'll be a nice toy to get and play around with, but very relieved that it won't make my Galaxy-X obsolete. Unfortunately the best two boff configurations for the Odyssey are Sci-heavy and Engineering-heavy.

Maybe now the Galaxy-R can get a change to make it useful since it has become utterly obsolete.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-26-2012, 09:40 PM
I wil get one , I will play with it , and then it will turn into a yard queen like the rest.

I will continue to serve on , and with , a Dreadnaught .
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:29 AM.