Lt. Commander
# 21
01-26-2012, 04:00 AM
I don't see this as a problem IF there's more to do at endgame.

I especially wouldn't see it as a problem if players at the cap got their excess skillpoints converted into Dilithium Ore instead of rather useless Bridge Officer Skillpoints.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-26-2012, 04:54 AM
Yeah its weird as dilithium is suppose to reward time playing and the missions in the game can be 30 mins to a hour sometimes but you dont get rewarded for your time yet the doff system gives 5 dilithium for what a few clicks as your not exactly playing a doff assignment your just starting it and then wait which isnt a time to reward at all.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-26-2012, 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_13_X
Thanks for the responses,but I don't think many of you read my initial comment fully.

If you made a character during the Winter event, that was an Engisgn and went to the Q event, you were told you could not do race until Lt 6. For some people that was an annoyance cause it meant a bit of quick grinding. That equated to doing the Azura, Vulcan and maybe the Lackney missions. At the end of those missions you were level 5 or beginning of 6 in the old system. Now if you do the same missions with a new character, you will at best be level 3.5.

I have not leveled up these new alts up to 11 or 30 for Captain rank as I do take the time to read the mission content and do the side mission and anomoly searches, but I have to cut those out because getting to Lt 7(old Lt 8) for Doff missions is taking too long.

So yes, my experience and I am sure the experience for other casual, non-MMO expert players is that each mission means you may7 or may not gain the level to do the next mission. Where before eavch mission meant you gained the level needed to do the next 2 to 3 missions. That's a BIG change and a slowdown in my book.

I do see why its done to ensure players spend more time with certain levels to make C-store purchases more viable and to temporarily keep players away from Klingon unlock. I just feel that the leveling slowdown was too extreme as it keeps me from leveling up alts for events quickly if only play 2 to 3 hours a day, and find most enjoyment these days from Doff system.
Dunno, saw some fleeties lvl an alt and in less then a day they were past lvl 25 on their Feddy gimps. You probably forget to rotate those Doff missions sometimes, they really speed up lvling a lot. Also do some of the old FEs first before doing the regular missions, their XP turnout always was pretty high compared to the old PvE missions.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-26-2012, 05:41 AM
I have been leveling one of my alts by just DOff missions alone and he went from LTC9 to LG1 in just over 2 months. I do not think leveling is slow.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-26-2012, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Starblazer View Post
Being someone who was here on Day 1 (actually before day 1), I HOPE they slow the leveling down as almost everyone was an Admiral a week after release. Some before headstart was over. I hope they have slowed it down A LOT!

Cheers

BTW: You might want to change the link to the ATARI RULES in your sig...:p
WOW now there is someone i havent seen in a LONG time.

Dont know if i have just been missing you on the forums or if you took a break but good to see you again.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-26-2012, 08:42 AM
DOFF system took one of my toons through Commander and is well into Captain within about 4-5 days.

I would be at RA if I actually played the character and not just DOFF system

Don't see any issues here. Leveling was always too fast, if your a long term player you should have any c-store points to keep the 8 hour boosts coming in. They are giving a stipend and most of us already have the VA ships we need.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-26-2012, 08:46 AM
Yeah. So far the DOFF system has taken my LC 6 to Captain 8. The guy has never left ESD, the Academy, Sol, or Sirius. I call him my "politician Captain" because he has no combat experience. The DOFF system also took my level 41 Klink to level 50 - and I'm thankful for that.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-27-2012, 10:40 AM
Ok, I will agree that leveling is faster than other MMOs, but I was only hoping to make the point that they slowed leveling down too much since the WInter Event(this is fact, I have the leveling progress of 6 alts in December to prove this) to make me do more PVE missions than I ever wanted to do in the first place.

Last night I made yet another character on Tribble to test how fast I could breeze through the intro Borg training mission, and I was able to do it in about 15 to 20 minutes. I will try doing the same strategy on my main toons with the first 5 missions, and hopefully doing this four times over will not be too much of a drain on my time to get to Lt 5 & Cmmdr 21.

Oh and, I guess the answer to my original question at the start of this thread is.... Yeah, I guess a lot of us are.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-27-2012, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I don't see this as a problem IF there's more to do at endgame.

I especially wouldn't see it as a problem if players at the cap got their excess skillpoints converted into Dilithium Ore instead of rather useless Bridge Officer Skillpoints.
That would be kind of nice, except you sometimes gain 20,000+ BOSP from some things, which would kinda ruin that whole Dilithium Ore market... :p

I recall in DOFFs, that Heretic said they wanted to have BOSP do things in that as I recall...
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-27-2012, 10:51 AM
XP hasn't been decreased since Season 5 launched or the Winter Event. The difference is that it slows down as you advance. Up to around level 15 you're gaining about 1 level per mission. After level 15 you get about 3/4 of a level per mission. That's to encourage the players to do Explorations (for Dilithium) and a few Patrols and Fleet Actions.