Lt. Commander
# 31
01-27-2012, 10:58 AM
Made it to VA 50 within 3 weeks and a few days just casually playing for a few hrs a day, 3-4 days a week, doing missions and borg invasions when i could be bothered and doff system. Reached VA shortly after i reached the cardy branch of missions. In order to get the breen engine for my defiant i had to skip all the cardy missions as just done 2-3 of em and i was kinda forced to do the 1st borg one which didnt take 2 mins really and then i could continue skipping up to the breen eps. Not sure why i dont have defari dailys now tho unless i do but didnt notice em due to available list been very long still due to all them skipped missions.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-27-2012, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
That would be kind of nice, except you sometimes gain 20,000+ BOSP from some things, which would kinda ruin that whole Dilithium Ore market... :p

I recall in DOFFs, that Heretic said they wanted to have BOSP do things in that as I recall...
You'd still only refine 8k a day and it could still be reduced by 25% or so in the conversion.

I'm just saying some ore would be nice for all activities at endgame, not that it has to be 1:1 for the BOSP we get now.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-27-2012, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
XP hasn't been decreased since Season 5 launched or the Winter Event. The difference is that it slows down as you advance. Up to around level 15 you're gaining about 1 level per mission. After level 15 you get about 3/4 of a level per mission. That's to encourage the players to do Explorations (for Dilithium) and a few Patrols and Fleet Actions.
I guess that scale is fair to others and not yet to the point of Lineage 2 level grinding, but I would rather have the game back to what it was in December where it was I gained 1.5+ levels per mission.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-27-2012, 01:21 PM
For whatever tinkering may or may not have been done with the leveling system, the majority of freepers who signed up on the 17th that were invited to our fleet are very close to VA rank already, and through mostly-casual gameplay. That's ten days to near-maximum rank. Do I seriously hear people asking to level even faster than that?
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-27-2012, 01:29 PM
It has sped up insanely. I just went from Lieutenant to Lieutenant General in 4 days. ( I've been getting one level per one or two missions) I hated it. I love to level and really don't care much for end game on any game. Which is why it is called END game and not continuing game. They really need to slow this thing down massively. I have never got people's urge to run to the end of a game in 10 minutes. Why bother going on vacation? You don't need to enjoy the journey. Just take everything out to your car and then back in the house. WOW!! You just did your vacation in 10 minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-27-2012, 01:32 PM
The current leveling speed is way too fast. You have no time to enjoy your ship choices. Granted it's great to get out of the T1 Miranda fast, but not so great if you're trying to enjoy your TOS Connie, NX, or Oberth - and that just carries on to other ships. As I've said many times, there's not much reason to buy C-Store ships under T5 as most players will only be in them for 6-7 /played hours before moving to the next one.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-27-2012, 01:38 PM
I would be happy if they slowed the leveling down maybe 5 times what it is now. I barley have any time to fly any of the ships before I level out of them.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-27-2012, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonto
I would be happy if they slowed the leveling down maybe 5 times what it is now. I barley have any time to fly any of the ships before I level out of them.
Completely agree with this.
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-27-2012, 03:55 PM
Sigh.

I think too many of you who replied to this thread are hardcore MMO players. I haven't been able to level any of my toons NEARLY as fast as some of you claim. I really would hate for Cyrptic/PWE to slow this game's leveling down even more.
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-27-2012, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_13_X
Sigh.

I think too many of you who replied to this thread are hardcore MMO players. I haven't been able to level any of my toons NEARLY as fast as some of you claim. I really would hate for Cyrptic/PWE to slow this game's leveling down even more.
You don't need to be a hardcore MMOer just to simply follow the mission chain with a character. Even if we broke it down simply as 50 missions to get 50 levels and each mission took 1 hour each to play you're only looking at 50 /played hours to get to level cap doing that - and most of the missions in the game don't take an hour. In fact most of them don't take more then half-an-hour to run.

Maybe you're playing 6 different alts at once but most gamers don't do it that way. They play 1 character from 0 to 50. If you are leveling multiple alts at the same time you're generally going to be the exception rather then the norm.