Lt. Commander
# 41
01-27-2012, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I don't see this as a problem IF there's more to do at endgame.

I especially wouldn't see it as a problem if players at the cap got their excess skillpoints converted into Dilithium Ore instead of rather useless Bridge Officer Skillpoints.
Only thing is we have not much new to do, if anything at all and the BOFF skill points thing has been asked about before, as I recall.
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-27-2012, 04:14 PM
I am aware of the total hours it is taking people(and eventually myself included) to hit max level, but you are right CosmicOne that I am looking at this from a different perspective than most which shapes my view on leveling and the required time constraints differently.

FYI to all. My goal is to just get my nearly 20 toons(yes I know that is a lot--I had 16 during Winter event) to Captain, not so much Vice Admiral or Lt. General. I'll try that next year.
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-27-2012, 04:16 PM
I haven't made a characcter in over a year so yeah.....

Anyone think it would be worth it to make a new character though for the new flag ships....though actually I doubt I'll have the time to even level a new kdf alt let alone do the mission....meh...leveling a new kdf isn't worth it. 1 is enough haha.
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-27-2012, 04:31 PM
Try it anyway Xenor. I would not mind having a new player leveling experience from a veteran player.
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-27-2012, 07:50 PM
Im so glad I have 3 Feds at VA 1 for each class and a Capped KDF and dont have to deal with all this leveling stuff. But to be fair I have been playing STO since beta.
Lt. Commander
# 46
01-27-2012, 10:08 PM
1000% HAPPY they did this!

Way too many players are already abusing the game system to LEVEL RUSH like idiots amd ny making the XP lowered, it allows players to SEE MORE before hitting max cap. I for one wish XP was even SLOWER as I still get to max rank and havent done everything at least once.

But then again, not everyone plays mmorpgs "correctly" or should I say, "how the game was INTENDED to be played" - to each their own :/

Sorry. STO rocks! and I also think with the new f2p overhaul they wanted the content to last long, since level-rushing, farming/grinding gear/power junkies are in the "Vocal Minority"

Cater to the majority of RPers and RPG players who appreciate all of the game - not just those that rush through it all to get to end game the fastest.

S!

-GL
Lt. Commander
# 47
01-27-2012, 10:10 PM
btw, the fact that you COMPLAINED that it took about one episode per rank gained, instea of it being 1.5 tp 2 ranlks gained per episode, is a little crazy.

Remember kids, its the JOURNEY that matters the most, not just the Destination! LOL
S!

-X
Lt. Commander
# 48
01-27-2012, 10:52 PM
STO's leveling was too fast for a long time.

I, of course, think the curve should be fast at first and grow slower as time progresses.
Lt. Commander
# 49
01-27-2012, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
STO's leveling was too fast for a long time.

I, of course, think the curve should be fast at first and grow slower as time progresses.
Agreed.

We should also STOP AS CAPTAINS. The ranks should have been Ensign (0 - 9), Lieutenant JG (10 - 19), Lieutenant (20 - 29), Lieutenent Commander (30 - 39), Commander (40 - 49), and Captain (50).

'Admiral' rank should be a reserved title for those that lead a Fleet. The show was about Captains, not Admirals.
Lt. Commander
# 50
01-28-2012, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_13_X
FYI to all. My goal is to just get my nearly 20 toons(yes I know that is a lot--I had 16 during Winter event) to Captain,
Just to make it clear again what the OPs actual problem is.

For normal players the leveling is TOO FAST AND IS BREAKING THE GAME1!1!!!evelen!