Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 51
01-28-2012, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
STO's leveling was too fast for a long time.

I, of course, think the curve should be fast at first and grow slower as time progresses.
think is making insanley good sense.

I'm not even into the cadie missions yet and i'm two and a half lvls away from capping it. I've torn through ranks and have even mothballed ships i've bough from the c-store because everytime i see them in the shipyard screen I wince because i'm now in something free and better- less than a day later.

I see how the lvling system is a problem for the OP but quite frankly i'd love double, or triple the time to get to VA from captain. trust me, when all the new players hit VA many may taper off (or roll a klink then VA him/her in a few days.) I honestly think The leveling system in this game is too fast for people playing in any other way than too speed level characters.

my advice to OP is go to c-store and spend money on 8 hour XP boosts which will be as consumed, useless and redundant as any ship other than a VA in the same short time (TOS connie and shuttles accepted).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 52
01-28-2012, 08:07 AM
Well, if I had my way...leveling to 10 would be fast, to 20..kinda fast,
to 30..normal, to 40...slow, to 50 VERY SLOW

That way to bulk of players would be captain...which is how it should be.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 53 Any faster ...
01-28-2012, 08:14 AM
Any faster and they might as well make it LT 5 to VA in one mission. Sigh.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 54
01-28-2012, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
Any faster and they might as well make it LT 5 to VA in one mission. Sigh.
I suspect that the hyperleveling (which is very much intentional, per a STOked interview with the J-Man) was put in place to drive as many players as possible to the C-Store endgame 'content' as possible before they started losing interest and quit.

Does it ruin the gameplay experience? Yes.

Does it make Perfect World rich? You betcha.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 55
01-28-2012, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminMaxwell View Post
I suspect that the hyperleveling (which is very much intentional, per a STOked interview with the J-Man) was put in place to drive as many players as possible to the C-Store endgame 'content' as possible before they started losing interest and quit.

Does it ruin the gameplay experience? Yes.

Does it make Perfect World rich? You betcha.
you know what's really dumb? I found myself wondering if I'd pay c-points to slow the game down like the XP Boosters do, so that I don't have to run 80% of the missions with no progression y'dig?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 56
01-28-2012, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonto
I would be happy if they slowed the leveling down maybe 5 times what it is now. I barley have any time to fly any of the ships before I level out of them.
As someone that returned to the game for F2P "early Access", this is exactly what I encountered. One day I get a new ship, and before I can even break it in, I'm getting another one. I was Vice Admiral before I was even half way through the Klingon episodes, but admittedly I've been doing a lot of the daily stuff and the DOff missions rather hardcore.

I got almost three levels from queueing repeatedly for a single Mirror Universe daily event. The leveling rate could definitely stand to be slowed down some more.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 57
01-28-2012, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign_Twinsen
you know what's really dumb? I found myself wondering if I'd pay c-points to slow the game down like the XP Boosters do, so that I don't have to run 80% of the missions with no progression y'dig?
Was that you on ESD Zone about two nights ago, asking if there was a way to turn off XP gain because you were leveling too fast?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 58
01-28-2012, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminMaxwell View Post
Was that you on ESD Zone about two nights ago, asking if there was a way to turn off XP gain because you were leveling too fast?
nope, sorry but whoever it was they were OK in my book. TBH anything that isn't bidding wars to start fleets is good for ESD right now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 59
01-29-2012, 03:09 AM


Good thing I leveled up my chars. Not that I play anymore.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 60
01-29-2012, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
STO's leveling was too fast for a long time.

I, of course, think the curve should be fast at first and grow slower as time progresses.
The only people who care to slow it down are PvErs who only find satisfaction in replaying stale missions. Everyone else wants to hit the cap as fast as possible to engage in PvP: the only worthwhile content in the game.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:51 AM.