Lt. Commander
# 1 What is the best carrier?
01-26-2012, 02:05 AM
I was thinking of going with the Vo'quv considering you can get it without c-points but I do know for a fact that the c-store ships must be better so I might consider them too.

And which of them also stealth?

I am just wondering which might be the coolest looking/science ship/intimidating/and which has better pets for attacking

Thanks in advance
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-26-2012, 02:23 AM
First of all, voque is not a bad ship, probably the best bridge officer layout of any ship in the game, now I usually can only preform one roll really good tho and that is to be a healing ship, you can make it a selfsustained tank too but that is pretty useless for pvp.

All carriers Have the option to use any drones/done's and fighter/ frigates, atleast i think so.
No carrier have stealth alltho you can use "mask energy signature" to get a sort of stealth exactly how tis works is better if you explore it ingame.

Kar'fi tho I love this ship, Its perhaps the most unique ship to the kdf, there is no fed ship that have the same bridgeofficer layout and it looks really badass- now its more setup for scipowers and tactical your basicly forced to run epts1-2 with the few engineeing bridge officer slots you have. You /can/ mount cannons on it and alltho I wouldnt recommend it It can be fun with 2RCS consoles and rapidfire 1-2 and maybe a beta.

Anyhow for the What is the better ship It just come down to what you wanna do with it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-26-2012, 02:28 AM
Thanks for your response!

And how does a carrier become useless in pvp? I know that I can summon those BoPs but would they do enough damage?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-26-2012, 02:35 AM
Well all ships have strenghts and weeknesses, if you fly a voque you'll notice the bad turnrate witch mean that the opponents can push you out of range with example Tractor beam repulsors- and it might take you too long to get back to the fight to be able to heal your teammates.

The Kar'Fi on the otherhand its abit move maouverable but it lacks that sort of tankyness you only get in the voque or a cruiser it can be fitted to do all sorts of nasty sci stuff and damage, but if you get targeted alot and your not an engineer it might be hard to stay alive in the Kar'Fi.

Well you can buy all the pets from the "Consumable store in shipyard" Except for 'Tachyon done' and I think you need to purchase maybe to be able to unlock the S'kull fighters and their frigates.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-26-2012, 02:43 AM
Thanks again!

What would you recommend for a science captain? And I have never ever heard of healing other players before in space o_O (I would just leave all that healing to myself )

Anyways I still don't know whether 2 hangar bays are better than 1.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-26-2012, 02:46 AM
Kar'fi have two hangar bays too I guess they havn't updated that info in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-26-2012, 02:48 AM
Wierdly as it sounds I think you should try vo'que because its just dilitherium*sp, then try a bop and if you really want you can go for the karfi.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-26-2012, 02:52 AM
Are you sure? Well according to stowiki.org it has one.

I have a list here on which of the two has better trais:

Free: Vo'quv
Hull : Vo'quv
Shields: Karfi
Weapon no.: Karfi
Crew: Vo'quv
Consoles: Both (Karfi has 1 more tac, Voq has 1 more eng, but what could the tac be useful for?)
Device: Both
Bridge officers: Karfi
Turn rate: karfi

I do think that the Karfi is more of a killer and the Voquv is more of a support, but still I don't know which
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-26-2012, 05:20 AM
I used a voq everyday from game release until about 2 weeks ago.
Great for PVP. Good for all PVE because you can do everything on elite.

I now use a karfi.
So should you. Awesome ship for pve.
Not good for elite anything though.
The console is useless. It should work like a cloak that can only be activated every 3 minutes. If you use your weapons while 'phased' you lose Aux and eventualy it will kill your cloak.
Instead, unless you have all 120 Aux, you only have a few short seconds with this cloak and then you are dead in the water. Leave the console in the bank.