Lt. Commander
# 11
01-26-2012, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena
Yeah, had I realized this fact I probably would have my science LtG in the Kar'Fi. I took the Vo'Quv for the science-y slant with bridge officer slots and the ability to play a support role (lolturning). I wanted to actually be able to use science skills, and leveling to General in a Bird of Prey did not convince me that was the path for me [great ships, please don't misunderstand -- I am not confident in my ability to play a small, nimble craft like that effectively in end-game content].

That said, I was enticed by the Marauder, both 'cause I actually like how it looks and 'cause I wanted an Orion ship for my Orion (if it wasn't for the tier differences I may have gone with one of the other Orion ships). And the VQ is friggin' huge. I am worried that I made a poor choice, being down a hanger and flying it as a Science officer without all the science boff slots the carrier and BoP could offer. That said I do seem to have pretty good survivability and healing still thanks to mixing the engineer officers' skills with my own.

*shrug*

In any case, I can't speak to the Kar'Fi's capabilities yet, but if the OP is science he/she may find the VQ pretty nice for defense and support. It is my assumption, and I'm still reading information to see how off the mark I may be, that the Kar'Fi is superior for offensive slants.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-26-2012, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
I used a voq everyday from game release until about 2 weeks ago.
Great for PVP. Good for all PVE because you can do everything on elite.

I now use a karfi.
So should you. Awesome ship for pve.
Not good for elite anything though.
The console is useless. It should work like a cloak that can only be activated every 3 minutes. If you use your weapons while 'phased' you lose Aux and eventualy it will kill your cloak.
Instead, unless you have all 120 Aux, you only have a few short seconds with this cloak and then you are dead in the water. Leave the console in the bank.
I don't know if you saw it, but the console is seeing several fixes and improvements:
  • Aux drain is being reduced from 12/sec to 5/sec
  • The rare shield inversion duty officer active power will now affect it
  • While phased it will be given kinetic immunity to compensate for the fact that already-fired torpedos can still hit it
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-26-2012, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
I don't know if you saw it, but the console is seeing several fixes and improvements:
  • While phased it will be given kinetic immunity to compensate for the fact that already-fired torpedos can still hit it
Will try that out today, thank you

Question: where is this rare shield inversion duty officer found?
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-26-2012, 12:41 PM
I am interested in getting a Kar'Fi but I love my Vo'Quv too much. I'm a Tactical with all Tetryon cannon/turret weapons and generally use To'Duj fighters supported with attack pattern beta on my carrier and fire on my mark on my captain. The idea being to lower shields then debuffs to boost fighter damage as several mini-torps ripping into a targets hull can cause quite a bit of damage. With Carriers timing fighters to attack is like timing torpedoes to launch as the first thing fighters tend to do is fire torpedoes.

This is from my experience in my carrier.

I would be interested in knowing what Staran thinks of the Kar'Fi too.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-26-2012, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Thats really awesome I'm just a bit clueless on this Rare Shield Inversion duty officer not sure what that is.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-26-2012, 01:29 PM
Well I guess its the Karfi for me then

And what are the recommended BOFF skills I should take as a sci captain? And what should I have in hangars (I prefer summoning pets that summon rather than repairing myself)
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-26-2012, 03:11 PM
yeah all of those ships suck, it turns out.
The new flagship is da bomb.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Quote:
yeah all of those ships suck, it turns out.
The new flagship is da bomb.
I don't really see whats so special about it, I mean its really to slow turning to really equip dual cannons, I mean it just barely out turns a Vo'quv. To be honest I am disappointed with both the Bortas and the Odyssey, seems like all the Bortas is only really good for a tank and all the Odyssey is good for is a healer.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-26-2012, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
I don't really see whats so special about it, I mean its really to slow turning to really equip dual cannons, I mean it just barely out turns a Vo'quv. To be honest I am disappointed with both the Bortas and the Odyssey, seems like all the Bortas is only really good for a tank and all the Odyssey is good for is a healer.
and it is a chick magnet
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-26-2012, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Will try that out today, thank you

Question: where is this rare shield inversion duty officer found?
These changes are not all out yet, and the parts that are out are only on Tribble.

The shield inversion duty officer has a purple very rare (the Ferasan) and we're also putting in a blue version of the power as well on a soon-to-come duty officer, not from packs.