Lt. Commander
# 21
01-26-2012, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
These changes are not all out yet, and the parts that are out are only on Tribble.

The shield inversion duty officer has a purple very rare (the Ferasan) and we're also putting in a blue version of the power as well on a soon-to-come duty officer, not from packs.
Don't put in that many fancy new active DOff's as long as you don't increase the actual number of active roster slots.

I still recall you writing back in Tribble beta time that the team was looking into a possibel system to increase it.
For now in space we are already extremly limited in what we can/should slot and what not.

Ground is a total diffrent story ofcourse especialy if you are a Sci Cpt there is not much to slot.
Even having my BOff make use of DOff buffs it does not compare to the usability of full player controlled powers.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-26-2012, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
These changes are not all out yet, and the parts that are out are only on Tribble.

The shield inversion duty officer has a purple very rare (the Ferasan) and we're also putting in a blue version of the power as well on a soon-to-come duty officer, not from packs.
Whats this power do and is their a federation version?
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-26-2012, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alith-Ahnar
Don't put in that many fancy new active DOff's as long as you don't increase the actual number of active roster slots.

I still recall you writing back in Tribble beta time that the team was looking into a possibel system to increase it.
For now in space we are already extremly limited in what we can/should slot and what not.

Ground is a total diffrent story ofcourse especialy if you are a Sci Cpt there is not much to slot.
Even having my BOff make use of DOff buffs it does not compare to the usability of full player controlled powers.
just kill all the chefs, bartenders, entertainers and you will be fine.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-26-2012, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
You do know that i was talking about the five space and ground slots.
The ones that make you ground and space powers awesome?
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-26-2012, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
Any ship without an ample supply of gagh, bloodwine, and dancing girls is no ship I care to command, thank you very much.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-26-2012, 07:56 PM
My ship gets a lot of takeout
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-27-2012, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resz
Any ship without an ample supply of gagh, bloodwine, and dancing girls is no ship I care to command, thank you very much.
Quoted. For. Truth.

The just down and dirty version. Kar'fi is decisively the most offensive carrier-5 tac BO powers, 7 weapon slots, a turn rate that can actually utilize cannons effectively, 3 tactical consoles, 4 consoles that can be filled with particle generators to boost the damage output of the 2 GW skills you can slot...yeah. It's a damage beast. It also has the best pets in terms of damage-suicide fighters are win. Yes, it pays for this damage with the poorest survivability, but, if damage is what you want to do, and/or you're a tactical captain, you should be in this ship.

The Voq'uv. Yes, it doesn't turn. Yes, it's not going to generate formidable damage. But. It doesn't get blown up very easily either, and can still do okay damage-can also utilize a pair of beefed up GWs, and the T-fighters aren't horrible, tho the BoPs have been very sadly bugged for awhile (Heretic-can we pleaseeeeee get BoPs fixed??? At least tell us top men are working on it/haven't abandoned the issue-I consider those BoPs very iconic/intergral part of the MO of the ship ). You can do a lot of interesting things with the BO layout of the Voq-you can bring it's damage up to respectable levels, you can turn it into a very capable healboat, though you'll never really be able to get it's damage high enough for it to be a true PvE tank-just won't be able to generate enough threat. Or you could turn it into a disabling type vessel. Can't really do all of them, but it is versatile enough to do at least one of those things well. Feel free to fly this as either as SCI guy or an ENG guy.

Anddddd, I just can't effectively comment on the Marauder, as I don't own one. But, I would say that if your toon is an engineer, it looks like it'd be a very good ship for you, tho I wouldn't recommend it to non ENG toons.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-27-2012, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcelsiorStrivings
Quoted. For. Truth.

The just down and dirty version. Kar'fi is decisively the most offensive carrier-5 tac BO powers, 7 weapon slots, a turn rate that can actually utilize cannons effectively, 3 tactical consoles, 4 consoles that can be filled with particle generators to boost the damage output of the 2 GW skills you can slot...yeah. It's a damage beast. It also has the best pets in terms of damage-suicide fighters are win. Yes, it pays for this damage with the poorest survivability, but, if damage is what you want to do, and/or you're a tactical captain, you should be in this ship.

The Voq'uv. Yes, it doesn't turn. Yes, it's not going to generate formidable damage. But. It doesn't get blown up very easily either, and can still do okay damage-can also utilize a pair of beefed up GWs, and the T-fighters aren't horrible, tho the BoPs have been very sadly bugged for awhile (Heretic-can we pleaseeeeee get BoPs fixed??? At least tell us top men are working on it/haven't abandoned the issue-I consider those BoPs very iconic/intergral part of the MO of the ship ). You can do a lot of interesting things with the BO layout of the Voq-you can bring it's damage up to respectable levels, you can turn it into a very capable healboat, though you'll never really be able to get it's damage high enough for it to be a true PvE tank-just won't be able to generate enough threat. Or you could turn it into a disabling type vessel. Can't really do all of them, but it is versatile enough to do at least one of those things well. Feel free to fly this as either as SCI guy or an ENG guy.

Anddddd, I just can't effectively comment on the Marauder, as I don't own one. But, I would say that if your toon is an engineer, it looks like it'd be a very good ship for you, tho I wouldn't recommend it to non ENG toons.
Regarding the pets for each carrier, all the fighter based pets are usable by all the different carrier types, the only ones that are carrier specific are the Fek'Ihri Frigates for the Kar'fi, and the BoPs for the Voq'uv.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-27-2012, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alith-Ahnar

We are still examining various options, but at this point it looks like the way to expand your active roster potential will probably be via your department heads as they absorb/eat/induct duty officers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain Brown
Whats this power do and is their a federation version?
The power increases your Aux while cloaked or phased, which in turn improves your Stealth. There will be blue versions for both KDF and Fed, though they aren't in just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcelsiorStrivings
Heretic-can we pleaseeeeee get BoPs fixed??? At least tell us top men are working on it/haven't abandoned the issue.

Jheinig is, in fact, as we are speaking testing a fix to the AI. We're not sure if this is what is causing the BoP issue specifically, but if it isn't, he will keep working on it.

On the issue of carriers, I have flown a Kar'fi with both a Science and Engineer captain and both worked fine, granted, with different strengths. The Vo'quv is a beast, though I would not recommend it for a Tactical captain. The Marauder is essentially a modified Star Cruiser; if you have them, I would actually recommend the Tachyon Drones and then set up the Marauder as a beam boat - it's turn radius is sad enough to make torpedoes challenging, in my own experience.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-28-2012, 08:21 AM
Yeah. The drain on aux when you pop the phase shift still isn't helpfull.
Why can't you pop it while tractored?
The only good thing to do with the phase cloak is to evasive out of there.
It isn't reliable and at the end of the phase, you are sitting there with no aux.

Also graphically it is hard to notice that I have phased