Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
01-26-2012, 07:32 AM
This is cart before the horse. I appreciate the contribution of Foxrocks, he is great, but his work is in vein right now. Dozens of players - and there are now multiple threads on the forum highlighting data - have proven the MACO shields at all levels is giving shield resist bonuses that range between 0-75%, depending upon template. The shield is so broken nobody can even tell the difference between MK X, MK XI, or MK XII - even though the difference is not trivial.

If the MACO shield is clearly broken (and it is), why would any recommendation for a change - other than fixing whatever bug is in the shield - be wise at this time? There is no evidence the MACO shield has ever worked properly, so without a single test you want to now recommend changes? Come on dude...

How about Cryptic fixes the shield, testers then test, and we see what is what then?

When it comes to the sets, Federation specific sets should get better bonuses with shields and Klingon players should get better bonuses to engines, because those are the strengths of the races. As things are right now, the Federation has a broken shield providing an insane shield resist bonus, and Klingons have a correctly working Engine that has a very powerful bonus.

Here is a safe bet. Once the MACO shield is fixed, no one will be complaining the MACO shield is OP - and people might complain it is not strong enough (and people absolutely will complain that they lost their god mode). At that point, PvP people will be whining the Klingon KHG set is OP. Why? Because KHG is currently working properly and really damn good.

If your point is, like Foxrocks, that the Sets are too powerful... then I disagree. Sets are supposed to be better than their counterparts at the same level, that is the nature of special items. A better argument would be that the Breen and AEGIS set are not strong enough relative to similar level counterparts. That isn't your argument though, is it?

Is the Fed MACO set damn good when it is properly working? Nobody knows, and no one could possibly know, because it has never, ever been tested.

Lets put the horse before the cart for a change with MACO, because right now calling for changes to MACO shield before any testing is truly the definition of silliness.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
01-26-2012, 07:36 AM
WOW, Pvp want to nerve us, again, and again. The 1 % is nerving our stuff over and over.
Just get your mako shield if its so good, 40 stf's (20 on stf-day, or 10 elits) and you have it, takes you 2.5 hours...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
01-26-2012, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone1970 View Post
WOW, Pvp want to nerve us, again, and again. The 1 % is nerving our stuff over and over.
Just get your mako shield if its so good, 40 stf's (20 on stf-day, or 10 elits) and you have it, takes you 2.5 hours...
So fixing broken game mechanics or faulty programming is nerfing?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
01-26-2012, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellspawny View Post
So fixing broken game mechanics or faulty programming is nerfing?
Where you fall on that kind of mentality is precisely what separates people who can develop games from people who just play games.

Heres a hint, anyone who cries when a fair balance pass is asked for/made does not fall on the development side of the line.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
01-26-2012, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone1970 View Post
WOW, Pvp want to nerve us, again, and again. The 1 % is nerving our stuff over and over.
Just get your mako shield if its so good, 40 stf's (20 on stf-day, or 10 elits) and you have it, takes you 2.5 hours...
Really? Did you not read the OP at all? This is not a PvP or PvE issue. It's an issue of broken mechanics.

Furthermore, I don't see how this is taking anything away from anyone. ALL gear is obtained via PvE.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
01-26-2012, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone1970 View Post
WOW, Pvp want to nerve us, again, and again. The 1 % is nerving our stuff over and over.
Just get your mako shield if its so good, 40 stf's (20 on stf-day, or 10 elits) and you have it, takes you 2.5 hours...
I would but klingons cant get it...and thats the real problem,that a faction has no access to the BiS(best in slot) shield
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
01-26-2012, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorrlan
I would but klingons cant get it...and thats the real problem,that a faction has no access to the BiS(best in slot) shield
No, the realy problem is that the MACO shield is totally borked.
Nobody really knows if it needs work, because at the minute, all it is is a 75% resist shield with 5% bleedthrough and +10 to all power levels. On paper even the MACO looks strong. Cross faction, on paper, it looks like +10 to all power levels and 10% energy resist vs proc for a 1 sec placate and a 25% accuracy debuff (Anybody know if there's an internal CD on this proc?)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
01-26-2012, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellspawny View Post
So fixing broken game mechanics or faulty programming is nerfing?
Well considering how nasty the NPC's in STO are to fight and how OP they are, even at Normal setting, I can see why some would be upset over losing the "unkillable" mantle that allows them to finally fight those same OP NPCs on a way more than even footing while making coffee, compiling thier taxes, etc, etc.

I mean doesn't a near constant 75% shield resist cap in combat make sense? We never saw the Enterprise lose 100% shields did we, the Defiant never went below 100% shields, Voyager was nigh-unkillable and kept full shields at all times. If we did I'm sure it was a script error.

/sarcasm off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor
No, the realy problem is that the MACO shield is totally borked.
Nobody really knows if it needs work, because at the minute, all it is is a 75% resist shield with 5% bleedthrough and +10 to all power levels. On paper even the MACO looks strong. Cross faction, on paper, it looks like +10 to all power levels and 10% energy resist vs proc for a 1 sec placate and a 25% accuracy debuff (Anybody know if there's an internal CD on this proc?)
I believe its 1-2 seconds and like ApB will follow whom you target.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
01-26-2012, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
Squeeeeeeee

/littlegirl

Glad to hear it.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:02 PM.