Lt. Commander
# 251
01-28-2012, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I think simply scrapping it would be sufficient. I don't think we need the crew system at all. It almost has no effect now, and trying to make it relevant will just add a burden of work. Simply use the base crew number to determine something like innate hull healing rates, and be done with it. No crew losses.
Hear, Hear!! It's just plain silly that my entire "able" crew is knocked out in such short order. Even sillier that they are all dead a few seconds later. It is yet even sillier still that they all spontaneously start to resurrect just as quickly. Either there is a steady stream of reinforcements being sent our way or our ships are crewed by the undead.

Edit: Maybe our EMH's have picked up the a little bit of necromancy knowledge somewhere... hmm
Lt. Commander
# 252
01-28-2012, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmr1580 View Post
Hear, Hear!! It's just plain silly that my entire "able" crew is knocked out in such short order. Even sillier that they are all dead a few seconds later. It is yet even sillier still that they all spontaneously start to resurrect just as quickly. Either there is a steady stream of reinforcements being sent our way or our ships are crewed by the undead.
that gives "zombie cruiser" a new meaning
Lt. Commander
# 253
01-29-2012, 01:57 AM
LOL. The top healers in the game are salivating.

It will probably be gambled again like the Jem'Hadar ship.

Even if I'm not playing, watching this trainwreck of a game is amusing.
Lt. Commander
# 254
01-29-2012, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmr1580 View Post

Edit: Maybe our EMH's have picked up the a little bit of necromancy knowledge somewhere... hmm
Maybe they just figured how to unlock the digital rights management that is preventing them from being copied over and over, and your ship is just crewed by yourself and hudreds of holograms.
Actually, maybe even you are just a hologram now.
Lt. Commander
# 255
01-29-2012, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellestad View Post
Exactly, although for the Dev's sake I have to specify the issue is *burst* survivability, not overall survivability. Right now overall survivability is, I think , far too high. Damage burst potential is waaay too high, and to compensate healing in general is waaaay too high so you are in the absurd situation (in PvE and PvP) of either having most ships fully healed or totally dead.

Someday, some glorious day, I hope they can get PvE and PvP combat to the point where:

1: *Nothing* in the game outside of PvE special attacks can one-shot (kill in under 3-6 seconds) a decently geared equal level ship.
2: Burst damage is far lower and burst healing is far lower. More focus on resists and small heals and slow hots for healing. Right now the game is nothing but a race to see who screws up defensive/healing cooldown rotations first, which is pretty lame.

I think they can do it in bits and pieces, it doesn't need to be a major all-or-nothing revamp.

The funny thing is, changes to lower burst DPS and healing would actually speed up high level PvP play, even though that's counter-intuitive because the current system has slowly become so wierd.

I Second everything that this man has said.
Lt. Commander
# 256
01-29-2012, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galtrovan View Post
The disparity in power is a result of what the consoles do. The tac consoles are passive and doing their job 100% of the time while in combat, increasing the DPS of your weapons. The sci consoles on the other hand only come into play when and if a sci power is used.
THIS!

And on most cruisers you have only two or three Sci powers to begin with!

Tac consoles >> Sci Consoles in their current form.
Lt. Commander
# 257
01-29-2012, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
Not only is the ship hideous, it's a counterpart to the star cruiser at the end of the day. That's all well and good I suppose, but don't we have enough fed heal ships already? We have the Star Cruiser, the Failaxy Retro, Nebula, and heal built Intrepids.

It's utterly redundant.

Long Live the Sovereign, and Excelsior.
/applause

10char
Lt. Commander
# 258
01-29-2012, 08:50 AM
I have to say it's quite amusing that the 250+ year old excelsior is still the prime battlecruiser of the fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 259
01-29-2012, 09:21 AM
Oh I have a simple Trek awnser to the disappearing / reappearing crew. Captain Scott's transporter buffer trick is not Starfleet Standard Procedure. Every day it is now standard practice to be "Transported" thus saving you in the buffer. When a torpedo hits the hull crewman get injured or die once confirmed dead the transporter officer pulls your pattern from the buffer ... you see the red alert and run back to your post. This all takes ...maybe a minute or two lol that's how the crew number dips then reappears . Heck I've killed Ensign Ricky 50 different ways ... the most ingenious was putting him in a spacesuit with a phaser rifle and launching him at an attacking ship saying "Aim for the windows" . Once dead I use his old pattern and he has no clue any of this has transpired. I hate ensign Ricky.
Lt. Commander
# 260
01-30-2012, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorticusCryptic
I happen to agree, and am open to hearing reasonable suggestions.
Just remove the Sci consoles and give us all tactical consoles. Sure it sounds silly, but it's the only /reasonable/ situation unless some consoles(meaning more then 1 or 2) come out that are worth slotting that give direct increases rather then boosting deflectors, etc etc.

Quote:
The disparity in power is a result of what the consoles do. The tac consoles are passive and doing their job 100% of the time while in combat, increasing the DPS of your weapons. The sci consoles on the other hand only come into play when and if a sci power is used.
Pretty much this. Consoles that don't provide 100% uptime(or dang near it) aren't going to be useful. I'm sure you have a way to look at the metrics but how many consoles ARENT +weapon damage, +shields, etc in terms of player used : not used. That alone should tell you what needs adjusting..