Lt. Commander
# 1 Enhanced Battle Cloak
01-26-2012, 09:20 AM
Maybe this was answered some where but I cant find the threat..

What is the Enhanced battle Cloak?
What benefits does it have over the regular Battle cloak?

I want to try and fly a ship strictly for roleplay, So I would like to know about this cloak can anyone shed some light on this issue for me..

Thank you
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-26-2012, 09:38 AM
The B'rel refit's enhanced cloak lets you also fire torpedoes, lay mines, and use officer skills. A BoP pilot can give you better specifics.

more on the STO Wiki, perhaps
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-26-2012, 09:56 AM
It is a little bugged atm.
And too bad it isn't a console you could put on other bops
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2012, 07:46 AM
Just think of the B'rel from Star Trek VI.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2012, 10:58 AM
The Enhanced Battle Cloak basically allows you to fire non energy weapons (torps/mines) and use many BOff powers while still cloaked. However, doing so means you de-cloak for 3 seconds (without shields) when firing weapons or using powers that have an instant effect (i.e. engineering team) and de-cloak for the duration of the power for such things as Hazard Emitters.

At one point you were de-cloaked if an ally healed you but I believe that has now been fixed, so that you remain cloaked.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2012, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsBody
The Enhanced Battle Cloak basically allows you to fire non energy weapons (torps/mines) and use many BOff powers while still cloaked. However, doing so means you de-cloak for 3 seconds (without shields) when firing weapons or using powers that have an instant effect (i.e. engineering team) and de-cloak for the duration of the power for such things as Hazard Emitters.

At one point you were de-cloaked if an ally healed you but I believe that has now been fixed, so that you remain cloaked.
Use your Hull heal and resist granting abilities on decloak when firing to prevent a quick death by fed forces shooting at you.
In fact if you are really fast on a keyboard you can do the same with the shield abilities to bring your shields up very quickly to offer the saem level of protection, though it does not always work and some shots will be rolled against your shieldless vessel.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-13-2012, 12:42 PM
i think that its by far not worth the 1600 cp.

firing torpedos and mines is useless against a ship with its shields up. using a cloak is usually for sneaking up on an unaware enemy and ambush him, it does not work with torpedos.
preparing attackbuffs work great with the basic cloak, so again no need for the enchanced one.

using the repair abilities in battle while cloaked is a bad idea too. if the enemy knows that you are somewhere around him, he will wait with his fingers on the "Fire all weapons" button and hitting the TAB button all the time to target you as soon as you decloak. all you can do is to move out of his weapon range and repair there. but doing so, you dont need to stay cloaked, he cant attack you anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-14-2012, 02:13 AM
I think Boff messages causing ships to decloak are the worst. The advantage of a battle cloak is not having to wait to recloak.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-14-2012, 05:12 PM
Using torps while cloaked isn't that great, mines can be useful though, and usnig sci powers I've seen done well, I've even see somebody use CPB and TB to whittle somebody's shields away with it, although I doubt that'd have flown against a competent player.

It's the sort of thing that sounds OP but is actually really difficult to use well.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-14-2012, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsBody

My BoP refit does not de-cloak when i use hull heals - Also allows you to cloak while under fire.