Lt. Commander
# 1 Cover Shields on Cured Ground
01-26-2012, 10:39 AM
My cover shields on Cure Ground last about 3 seconds, is this by design or yet another bug?

It wouldn't surprise me if it's by design because it's utterly stupid!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-26-2012, 09:43 PM
When beaming down on Cure Ground, your science officer I believe informs you that nadion radiation (Or some other form of handwavium) is affecting cover and bubble shields, and they will be dramatically less effective, but personal shields are fine.

So yes, it is by design.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-27-2012, 02:17 AM
I'm not certain the new KA actually warns you that the environment will play havoc with your cover shield... but, this is by design.

It also affects the shield bubble, if you're using that kit.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-27-2012, 02:36 AM
Seems utterly stupid to me.

If these STF aren't hard enough to complete with a pug, now we can't drop a CS and heal up or lay generators behind them.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-27-2012, 03:21 AM
I think they just took them out because they couldn't stop the stupid worker drone AI from getting stuck in them.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-27-2012, 04:18 AM
Easy now Hu... i mean Trekking...

And it actually makes perfect sence, or all you would have to do to complete the missions is go in with a team of 4 engeneers...
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-27-2012, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberlerchner123 View Post
I think they just took them out because they couldn't stop the stupid worker drone AI from getting stuck in them.
This is part of it. Another part is, if you had enough engineers you could simply keep the workers off the transformers by dropping bubbles on each, and letting the thing fire off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Easy now Hu... i mean Trekking...

And it actually makes perfect sence, or all you would have to do to complete the missions is go in with a team of 4 engeneers...
This actually still worked, at least in the old form. Since you could still harass and confuse the hell out of the workers and drones with the turrets and mortars.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-27-2012, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkeRealm View Post
This actually still worked, at least in the old form. Since you could still harass and confuse the hell out of the workers and drones with the turrets and mortars.
Yea, but with 4 Engs, you could simply pop the repulsor bubble on each of the towers the second it goes up, and a covershield to allow you to stay still...

The Turrets are just a diversion...
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-27-2012, 05:53 PM
And thus why they had to put a stop to it. If they let it remain, players would just pwn the puzzles and move on within 10 minutes. Its supposed to be a challenge.

The handwave is in the explanation of why. The old version said there were nanites in the air itself (or radiation) that degraded the domes/shields by "eating" their power up very very quickly. Borg Domes/Shields are of course unaffected (adapted).