Lt. Commander
# 1 F2P Era C-Store
01-26-2012, 10:12 AM
I played sto at the start for 3 months before going on to other games, but i have come back to give it another go with the F2P system, So far in the nearly 2 weeks i have been back i have spent overer 60 Bucks in the C-Store.

Now to be Honest i would probbly Have spent more or would spend more in the future if the Pricing of items was better.

Now i have no problem paying the 1600 for my Vulcan Science Vessel absoloutly love it, but with other smaller items like when im looking through changing my characters outfit, each item costs too much EXP. i see a pair of boots i want for my character but it costs like 400 credits, its just a pair of boots. Now i no some gear comes in packs but if you had the option to buy that said item at a lower price on its own for like 60 credits or somthing id defnetly be spending more.

So does that make sense to anyone else?

at 400 credits or so for 1 item i wont buy.

But if each item was lower at maybe 60-80 credits per item id buy probbly a whole set of gear,

On a personal note can we get some Headgear or somthing surely they have hats in the STO univers lolz
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-26-2012, 10:22 AM
Are you talking about Energy Credits or Cryptic Points?

Energy Credits are just a transfer fee you pay for changing your clothes rather then buying them. It's just a cash-sink: a way to unload unneeded ECs.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-26-2012, 10:42 AM
I think I know what you're talking about. You're not actually being charged 400 points for just the boots, if you buy them you will get the whole uniform. For example, if you choose the "All Good Things" trousers, you would get the shirt and boots as well when you bought them. You're not being charged for one single item. Although I do see your point about breaking down the uniform packs into single items at cheaper prices, that would be a nice idea.

Hope that helps
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-26-2012, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberadiant View Post
I think I know what you're talking about. You're not actually being charged 400 points for just the boots, if you buy them you will get the whole uniform. For example, if you choose the "All Good Things" trousers, you would get the shirt and boots as well when you bought them. You're not being charged for one single item. Although I do see your point about breaking down the uniform packs into single items at cheaper prices, that would be a nice idea.

Hope that helps
I think what the OP is saying is that he understands that the boots are attached to a pack, it's that he wants the ability to just buy the boots themselves, as an option to buying the whole pack.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-27-2012, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kant_Lavar
I think what the OP is saying is that he understands that the boots are attached to a pack, it's that he wants the ability to just buy the boots themselves, as an option to buying the whole pack.
IMO I would also state that comparing costume to ship prices... the ships are rather worth the price, given the extended period of time players would spend on deployment cruise.

But the costumes, ahem, who spends their evenings strutting around Earth SB showing off their shiny white dress?

More low-C spending options would definitely increase the willingness of a lot of people to go shopping. Right now there is only the "NX" registry number that's under 100C
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-27-2012, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
But the costumes, ahem, who spends their evenings strutting around Earth SB showing off their shiny white dress?
I dont think you realize how many nuts people are out there... A few months back, every time i passed a specific point, the same person was standing there... and he/she wasnt idle either...
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-28-2012, 08:32 AM
Just waiting for someone to go up to him or her and say "Starfleet regulations do not allow soliciting on military facilities"

Lt. Commander
# 8
01-28-2012, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
I dont think you realize how many nuts people are out there... A few months back, every time i passed a specific point, the same person was standing there... and he/she wasnt idle either...
sometimes i do that when ive got nothin else to do lol XD