Lt. Commander
I mean... he is there every 2 weeks... He is doing good things for us... Give the man some privacy for gods sake... a home away from home.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-26-2012, 01:37 PM
lol next to Admiral Quinn
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-27-2012, 07:53 AM
So this may not be the right place, but I have a concern about Q constantly showing up for events. I understand it's a way to give out rewards / etc... but why always Q?

I could totally have seen a winter wonderland type of event on Andoria. Like a sure-footed test of a warrior or something. Even the XP boosts could be given out as "Service Commendations" or "Exemplary Performance rewards by ESD personnel or something. The thing that's always bothered me though was the revamp of ESD. Q just happened to remake ESD? I was with the rest of the excited community thinking it was going to be some kind of event, like KDF blowing up ESD or something... instead, Q decided to do a home make-over.

Okay, so go the Q route... Wouldn't it have been fascinating if Q made the old ESD vanish. We could have had Utopia Planetia (from the KDF mission) as our temporary temporary detour while the new ESD was being built. The interior could have been the same as ESD, but with a mars skybox or something.

Now we have the launch of the Enterprise F, a momentous occasion to say the least. And at the same time... Q. I don't know. I just don't like seeing the over-use of such an amazing character just to explain away things.

Sorry if I'm QQing. LOL pun intended
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-27-2012, 09:18 AM
I think the reason for choosing Q is that they can create pretty much everything (Yoda and lightsabers for example), and blame it on Q...

- Get free things from a Fountain? Q made it!
- Make people learn faster? Q did it
- Replace a spacestation without any clue where the old one went, and the interiour still looking pretty much the same? Q did it.
- Create Targ Earmuffs... Q is insane...
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-27-2012, 10:33 AM
lol

a new bug? Q did it!
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-27-2012, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
I mean... he is there every 2 weeks... He is doing good things for us... Give the man some privacy for gods sake... a home away from home.
There's no way he'd consent to sitting in some out-of-the-way office when he's got all these great things to share with everyone!
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripp_Hazzard
There's no way he'd consent to sitting in some out-of-the-way office when he's got all these great things to share with everyone!
Give him an office in the hallway outside the transporter room.. that way everyone HAS to pass by him.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-28-2012, 07:10 AM
Remember, this is Q's son, Q. He's always been more playful than his dad and more likely to want to waste his time on ESD.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-28-2012, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Remember, this is Q's son, Q. He's always been more playful than his dad and more likely to want to waste his time on ESD.
Doesnt that get confusing as hell if everybody has the same name?

Example: officer: "It was Q" Captain: *holds up picture of a Q* This one? Officer: "No the other one." Captain: *holds up picture of a Q* This one? Officer: "No the other one." Captain: *holds up picture of a Q* This one? Officer: "No the other one." Captain: *holds up picture of a Q* This one? Officer: "No the other one." Captain: *holds up picture of a Q* This one? Officer: "No the other one." Captain: *holds up picture of a Q* This one? Officer: "No the other one." Captain: *holds up picture of a Q* This one? ect.

Either they're all called Q because their true names we can not pronounce. Or they are insa... never mind...
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-28-2012, 09:15 AM
I always understood it that Q is simply a description for their race... A way to make their names understandable in human terms...

I mean... otherwise at marriages they would have to write:

You are hereby invited to QQ wedding

xD