Lt. Commander
Okay, so now I looked for other threads about this 'situation', but couldn't find anything, even though I'm not sure how to explain it. Again, I'm not sure if this the right place to ask, because I'm totally sure if it's a Game Issue or a Computer Issue. Hopefully this screenshot will say some words for me:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/clonehu...63734249549184

I checked through different video options, but none of them seemed to ave anything to do with this. And if you haven't guessed, I'm talking about that blur. Also this appears when playing the game, and not just this menu.

So again, I'm not sure if this a PC or game problem. And I'm not sure how well I'm getting at this, or if this in the right sub forum. So, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-26-2012, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clonehunter
Okay, so now I looked for other threads about this 'situation', but couldn't find anything, even though I'm not sure how to explain it. Again, I'm not sure if this the right place to ask, because I'm totally sure if it's a Game Issue or a Computer Issue. Hopefully this screenshot will say some words for me:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/clonehu...63734249549184

I checked through different video options, but none of them seemed to ave anything to do with this. And if you haven't guessed, I'm talking about that blur. Also this appears when playing the game, and not just this menu.

So again, I'm not sure if this a PC or game problem. And I'm not sure how well I'm getting at this, or if this in the right sub forum. So, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Yea that is totally not normal. Even with the graphics turned all the way down it doesn't look THAT bad. Perhaps you need to upgrade/update your video graphic drivers. Try providing the specs of your computer on the forum and if you want submit a ticket to Tech support with all that information.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-27-2012, 02:03 PM
Hmm, drivers you say? All right, I'll check those first. If that doesn't work I'll come back here with my system information, and hopefully it'll contain some information.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-27-2012, 08:55 PM
Huh, well drivers didn't seem to be the problem. Maybe it's something in video settings?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-28-2012, 05:08 AM
I hate to say it because It's the default reply for anything. But, trying loading the game in safe mode and see if that fixes anything. If it looks better then the pic you posted, its probably a video setting. Then you can just start off with safe mode and turn on video settings as you go. At one point your going to run into the problem area/setting by the process of elimination at least.

Maybe try running DXDIAG and see if something is corrupted?

Did this happen after installing? or was the game running fine one day then you changed some settings and now it looks like that?

What video card and driver you using? Desktop resolution and refresh rate?

I've never seen a game so blocky like that... lol
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-28-2012, 01:23 PM
To answer your questions first:

It happened right after installation yes, right when I booted up the game for the first time.

GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 (NVIDIA)

Driver Version 285.62 (Not sure if that's what you meant)

Screen Resolution for Desktop is 1600 x 1024

In game it's 1024 x 800 or something like that

Refresh Rate... Not sure how to look.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-28-2012, 04:37 PM
One think you could try might be checking your DX 9/11 settings.

In the video options, under Troubleshooting, the first option is to select DirectX 9 or 11. I would suggest either setting it to DX 9 or "Auto."
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-28-2012, 08:33 PM
Okay, good news. It's working.

http://dash.ponychan.net/chan/files/...2781074731.jpg

Now it's working, and looks good. Apparently, it was not really messing with what was suggested, but rather, by messing with Fullscreen/Window stuff. While messing with it the game got pumped to the highest resolution, and now it's fine. I don't get it, and while it's a little slow because of the res, it isn't unplayable, so I'm happy. Thanks for the help though! Hope to see you out there, or something!