Lt. Commander
# 1 Science Ody Set Advise??
04-03-2012, 09:01 PM
Well guys, as the topic says, I need some advise on what set to use for a Science Odyssey in STFs? I have the full Maco / Borg and Aegis sets and was reading that mixing the sets would be better than using the full sets themselves. Normally in STFs i'll be healing with HE and TTS, also occasionally swapping to use GW to do crowd control. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-04-2012, 01:02 AM
I fly Tac Ody so i can not help you with science boffs, but a have MACO shields, deflector and AEGIS engines. So far it works great in STFs.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-04-2012, 01:32 AM
I also don't have the Oddy, (but I do fly a Cruiser), I use the MACO Shields, Deflector and the Borg Engines and Console for the 2, 2pc bonuses.

And quite frankly, I very much doubt their is a need for a sci based healer in an STF (Maybe Cure), as the Cruiser/s can tank everything very well solo, (I can almost tank a gate solo in KA - almost!!!)

Cruisers with ST2/ET2 and HE1, are very good healers (on them selves, with EPtS3/A2SiF3, thrown in to the mix) who do way more damage, and considering that all STFs are based on damage and not survivability running a Sci/Cruiser healer is just not needed, unfortunately.

Cy
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-04-2012, 03:46 PM
the sci oddy can actually out DPS a tac oddy in a protracted fight. since i have not run an STF, I don't know if that applies.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-04-2012, 03:59 PM
I run a Sci Oddy in STFs.

My basic setup is 8 antiproton beams, 3 piece Borg plus MACO Shield

Consoles
Eng: Borg, 2 EPS Regulators, Neutronium Armor
Sci: 4x Field Generator
Tac: 2x Antiproton Mag Regulator

BOffs:

LtCdr Tac: TT1, FAW2, APB
Ens Eng: EPS1
Lt Tac: TT1, FAW2,
Cdr Eng: EPS1, APtSIF, RSP, EWP
Lt Sci: HE1, TBR

(FYI TT= Tactical Team; FAW = Fire At Will; EPS = Emergency Power to Shields; APB = Attack Pattern Beta; APtSIF = Aux Power to Structural Integrity; RSP = Reverse Shield Polarity; EWP = Eject Warp Plasma; HE = Hazard Emitters; TBR = Tractor Beam Repulsors)

This build is very tanky and does a surprising amount of damage, especially to multiple targets.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-04-2012, 04:09 PM
Don't forget your SPACE DOFFs slotting for Sensor Scan and for Tac Team recharge.

I flew the tac Odyssey and made sure the Doffs assigned to space match what my Bridge Officer abilities were for the ship
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-04-2012, 04:40 PM
ok cool thanks guys for the heads up. will go and try out some of the ideas here. How do u guys feel about the Odyssey 3 console Set Buff? it is that useful?
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-04-2012, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen82 View Post
ok cool thanks guys for the heads up. will go and try out some of the ideas here. How do u guys feel about the Odyssey 3 console Set Buff? it is that useful?
In short no. Not compared to other passive abilities you can improve on to boost science abilities.

See HERE for my Sci Ody load out. Built for tanking/healing.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-05-2012, 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amuneli
I run a Sci Oddy in STFs.

My basic setup is 8 antiproton beams, 3 piece Borg plus MACO Shield

Consoles
Eng: Borg, 2 EPS Regulators, Neutronium Armor
Sci: 4x Field Generator
Tac: 2x Antiproton Mag Regulator

BOffs:

LtCdr Tac: TT1, FAW2, APB
Ens Eng: EPS1
Lt Tac: TT1, FAW2,
Cdr Eng: EPS1, APtSIF, RSP, EWP
Lt Sci: HE1, TBR

(FYI TT= Tactical Team; FAW = Fire At Will; EPS = Emergency Power to Shields; APB = Attack Pattern Beta; APtSIF = Aux Power to Structural Integrity; RSP = Reverse Shield Polarity; EWP = Eject Warp Plasma; HE = Hazard Emitters; TBR = Tractor Beam Repulsors)

This build is very tanky and does a surprising amount of damage, especially to multiple targets.
Change 8 Arrays to 6 Array to 2 forward QLaunchers and your DPS will sky rocket.