Lt. Commander
# 41
01-27-2012, 06:48 PM
William Shatner is very happy right now. Star Trek V its no longer the worst Star Trek movie ever made.

One of its redeeming qualities

It wasnt filmed in an Apple IStore and A Brewery.

And just goes to prove Kirk (the original) is the best. Lets face it he not only fights a klingon on a dying planet and then kicks him into the molten core of said dying planet before sneaking on board the enemy ship to take it over. he comes back 2 episodes later and picks a fight with god and actually walks away from it
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-27-2012, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvenwing View Post
William Shatner is very happy right now. Star Trek V its no longer the worst Star Trek movie ever made.

One of its redeeming qualities

It wasnt filmed in an Apple IStore and A Brewery.

And just goes to prove Kirk (the original) is the best. Lets face it he not only fights a klingon on a dying planet and then kicks him into the molten core of said dying planet before sneaking on board the enemy ship to take it over. he comes back 2 episodes later and picks a fight with god and actually walks away from it
I love JJ Trek.

And I never thought V was the worst. If anything, I'd place it towards the middle of the pack and ahead of 3 of the 4 TNG films.
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-27-2012, 07:36 PM
Star Trek 2009 is great. They tried and failed for 4 movies to turn middle-aged and damn near elderly actors into badass action stars. This time they did it with actors who don't have hip problems and it worked. It's better than all the TNG movies except maybe First Contact.

I thought this was pretty on point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qDupjWPuIU

Basically it's the best you could hope for in today's Hollywood. There's never going to be another cerebral Stat Trek movie, so it's best to just accept the new one for what it is.