Lt. Commander
I don't know if this really counts as a "bug" or not, but it certainly does bug me.

I'm working up a Foundry Mission that takes place at a civilian scientific research facility that uses its own de facto "uniform" of sorts. I created it very nicely for Humans, and went about trying to duplicate it for other Federation species (I also hope to do it with some non-Federation species, but that's a question for a different area).

Of course when I Duplicate and change gender, the figure switches back to the default Starfleet uniform; given that these are probably completely different models, and some of the items on one aren't even available on the other, this wasn't unexpected. (There's a similar problem in Champions Online, and it doesn't really need to be fixed that badly.)

But changing species also resets the uniform, and I have to go through all the model and color changes all over again. (And I'm not 100% sure I'm getting the colors right.)

I'd love to be able to quickly (as such things go) make a bunch of generic figures of each species and gender, and then build the major NPCs for the scenario from that, but this problem is soaking all of the "quickly" out of it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-27-2012, 02:04 PM
Nah it's not a bug, however a pain in all our bums.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-27-2012, 02:45 PM
I may just try to cut my teeth on something smaller and simpler, that uses only stock materials. I just dragged together a Klingon-based Emergency Security Hologram, and couldn't get him in the lab uniform. I changed the colors of his outfit so he'd at least match the lab colors, and he looks dopey. (Of course may just leave him like that even if I'm given an easy way to do otherwise; it would make for some good comic relief to have him constantly complaining about this.)

Of course, once I have the Vulcan models it shouldn't be that hard to make Romulans just as easily.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to put these uniforms on all playable Federation species, plus (to list them alphabetically) Cardassians, Deferi, Gorn, Jem'Hadar, and Orions -- a total of 22 species each for male and female models. (I already manually did the only Orion female I'm certain I need, but others would be great to have in the crowd.)

Most likely I'm the first would-be Foundry to try something this ambitious, but I'd be surprised if I was the first to try something in this direction.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2012, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobgreenwade View Post
I don't know if this really counts as a "bug" or not, but it certainly does bug me.

I'm working up a Foundry Mission that takes place at a civilian scientific research facility that uses its own de facto "uniform" of sorts. I created it very nicely for Humans, and went about trying to duplicate it for other Federation species (I also hope to do it with some non-Federation species, but that's a question for a different area).

Of course when I Duplicate and change gender, the figure switches back to the default Starfleet uniform; given that these are probably completely different models, and some of the items on one aren't even available on the other, this wasn't unexpected. (There's a similar problem in Champions Online, and it doesn't really need to be fixed that badly.)

But changing species also resets the uniform, and I have to go through all the model and color changes all over again. (And I'm not 100% sure I'm getting the colors right.)

I'd love to be able to quickly (as such things go) make a bunch of generic figures of each species and gender, and then build the major NPCs for the scenario from that, but this problem is soaking all of the "quickly" out of it.
I was just wondering if this related to this thread at all? http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=250698 OR http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=250119
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2012, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by filbones View Post
At the user's end, these are three different issues, though I would not surprise me to learn that they're all caused by the same stretch of code and can be fixed at the same time.