Lt. Commander
In this week's episode of Priority One, the guys sit down to talk with Staff Environment Artist Nick Duguid, and give away a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-27-2012, 02:40 PM
thanks Bran, this group is about the best one still.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-27-2012, 03:22 PM
Thanks to the Priority One team for asking my question and thanks to Tumorboy for answering.

I had also meant to mention that form suggests function. In many ways good form can breath as much life in to a particular environment as NPCs and sound effects. For example, a dead end in a curved corridor detracts from the environment. A large corridor dedicated to only the Captain's quarters is odd at best and leaves a great deal of wasted space on a star ship.

Example of layout form suggesting function.
Proposed Small Layout (link to picture)

More details in this post by me around Season 2:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...or#post2880432

On a side note, I had not considered that you were not involved in populating areas. That's good to know.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-27-2012, 06:38 PM
Great interview. Sucky news that no KDF environments are being made though. Of course that isnt Tumerboy's fault, it just doesnt sound promising for new content.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Well, I only know what I'm working on today, and next week. Nothing outside of that. And there are other artists on the team, and I have no idea what they're working on past next week either.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-27-2012, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
Well, I only know what I'm working on today, and next week. Nothing outside of that.
Worst psychic ever.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-27-2012, 08:02 PM
Im sure Tumerboys...authorized to not only paint outside the lines but
Print out the connect a dots for the others but big picture final scenes a secret ..we like suprizes too

Keep up the high quality [we should have a dev tip jar!}
Lt. Commander
# 8 TNG Interior ?
01-28-2012, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
In this week's episode of Priority One, the guys sit down to talk with Staff Environment Artist Nick Duguid, and give away a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship.

Link to the news article.
He said "we already have a TNG interior" when are we getting that ? And speaking of interiors when we getting the Defiant interior that was leaked out ?
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-29-2012, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Well, I only know what I'm working on today, and next week. Nothing outside of that. And there are other artists on the team, and I have no idea what they're working on past next week either.
so you're basically saying the schedule is a week to week setup then? I can't say that fills me with confidence that cryptic actually has a plan as to the direction they want the game to go long term then
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2012, 10:21 AM
That isn't what I said at all. I said I Do not know what I'm doing past next week. I know that my lead, and producer know. But there's no great for me to know. I'm handed a task, and I'm pretty much heads down on that. When it's done, I let them know, and they hand me another. There is a greater plan, and a schedule that goes on for weeks. I could check it out if I wanted to, but I don't see the point.

I'm working on X now, I'll worry about Y when I get to Y.