Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
01-27-2012, 07:23 PM
So, yeah...I like the new bridge. I'm not THRILLED but I do like it. I must say, though, that I LOVE the new Captain's chair.

The Odyssey IS slower but definitely stronger as advertised. Lost a lot of the feel without the actual "costume" but all-in-all she's a good ship for anyone who like's big, powerful cruisers. I still think a ship of this type should be more of a battleship...at least one additional weapons slot, the ability to slot cannons, one additional tac console, etc...all of this added to what you already have. I realize that you didn't want to take away from the fun of other ship classes and didn't want to over-power her but this ship (as much as I DO like it) is NOT what it could/should be. I mean, let's face it...the Fed dreadnaught is not REALLY a dreadnaught...and the Odyssey would be the perfect ship to correct that with....add what I mentioned to her engineering/support potential?!?! Then we'd have a ship that would really give a true fighting chance against the Klingons or the Borg.

Another suggestion, though I realize that this may be overkill, give the Odyssey one or two universal console slots SPECIFICALLY for slotting ANY of the "special" consoles from previous ships. I realize that this may not work well the multivector and the saucer sep, but I think that doing this would make the Federation's new flagship cruiser as versitile as she was meant to be.

All of that being said, I still think she's going to be a FINE ship and I can't wait to see her in full glory!
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-27-2012, 08:01 PM
fought a ship with the maco, its not fixed. everyone with it is still invincible
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-27-2012, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.17.20120123b.9

[*]The Odyssey and Bortas ships have been added to the special consoles on ESD and Qonos.
  • They aren't using the Odyssey and Bortas "costumes" though.
    • We like surprises.
[/list]
you guys are mean
nice costume tease
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-27-2012, 09:47 PM
can't wait to get maco 12 shields on the Majestic- B all I have to say I feel sorry for the Borg

hmm not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-28-2012, 06:31 AM
Thank you very much for fixing the Undine Over-Heal problem.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-28-2012, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
fought a ship with the maco, its not fixed. everyone with it is still invincible
Its bull. Maco shield hold like aegis ones, even on holdeck. L2play
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-28-2012, 06:41 AM
Hmmm... I saw some rumors about the Odyssey being tested on tribble, and rushed to read patch notes on the hope the missions that would award it could be already up. So I was slighty frustrated to see that it was not the case. But I understand the decision. I'm just anxious to fly it.

Nevertheless, I tried it. What people was complaining most was turn rate. Well, at least me, with a green RCS console and borg engines, achieved a turn rate of 10 /s. Not bad for me. But I thought it could be a bit more usefull for me as science officer than it actually were. I will have to rearrange my BOff abilities to have a bit more healing, what will sacrifice some others abilities more agressive. Well, we can't have everything we wished for . Also, I was expecting it come with saucer sep or a launch shuttle. Well, my hopes of this is not completely gone. Maybe they are keeping these as part of the surprise.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-28-2012, 07:30 AM
My only disappointment with the Odyssey as a science captain is that I lose my innate target sub system abilities. The Engineers will get their specific skills (nadeon whatnot etc).

Shame. Guess I'll just have to run up an Eng.
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-28-2012, 08:16 AM
Purrrrrple Jhammy HP bar ... yummy.
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-28-2012, 10:25 AM
Just found the Odyssey's bridge. Best thing about it? Widescreen view screen. Win!