Lt. Commander
# 1 Leveling officers.
01-26-2012, 09:53 PM
I'm level 50 and will not get any higher rank supposedly than where I'm at with Vice admiral.I want to train the officers from commander to captain but it says I cannot do so.It says need admiral status.All other criteria have been met,{required skill points spent,and bridge officer skill points}.If I can't get any higher ranks,then how do I train the officers to get their higher abilities??Currently I'm a F2P waiting on a support ticket answer on subscription problems.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-26-2012, 09:57 PM
Bridge officers are capped at commander. The fact that it says they aren't is a UI oversight from... well, forever.

There are no abilities for them above commander, but you can train them at a trainer at ESD and several other stations. Level 3 skills are generally not available at that trainer - officer candidates can be used to train commissioned officers, replacing one of their skills with the one the candidate has in that position, and some skills in your tree will let you train certain skills if you level them to 6. For example, level 6 energy weapon training will let a tactical captain train fire at will 3 and rapid fire 3.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-26-2012, 10:19 PM
I actually said it wrong.I want to go from Lt. Commander to Commander level.From level 3 skills to level 4 skills.But I can't do that.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-26-2012, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk6
I actually said it wrong.I want to go from Lt. Commander to Commander level.From level 3 skills to level 4 skills.But I can't do that.
Make sure you've spent enough points on each officer. Easiest way to do that is to fully upgrade all of their skills, though that can be expensive (In terms of Bridge Officer points, if you are a new admiral).
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-26-2012, 10:55 PM
All their skills are maxed out.It says required rank Admiral,required skill points spent 22,000/1000,bridge officer skill points 413,00/1000.But I cannot promote them past Lt. Commander.I can't get anything past level 50 Vice Admiral since it stops there.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-26-2012, 11:01 PM
Can you take a screenshot? I know there's a command to take a screenshot with the UI, but I don't remember what it is.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-27-2012, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AviKerensky View Post
Can you take a screenshot? I know there's a command to take a screenshot with the UI, but I don't remember what it is.
It's the Print Screen button. You'll have to then paste the screenshot in an image-editor (Paint will do). When you press Print Screen the game also saves a screenshot to the game-folder, but this is without the user interface.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-27-2012, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rannasha
It's the Print Screen button. You'll have to then paste the screenshot in an image-editor (Paint will do). When you press Print Screen the game also saves a screenshot to the game-folder, but this is without the user interface.
It's /screenshot_ui_jpg (for a jpeg) or /screenshot_ui (for a targa)
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Okay, so use /screenshot_ui_jpg while you have the promotion screen up, and show us what that says. That may give us what we need to help you.