Lt. Commander
# 41
08-26-2009, 03:10 AM
I dont know why people on the other site were hating on it so much. Maybe they are too used to having hundreds of spells and grinding in instances in huge teams in WoW. Well they can stay there, it sounds good to me, I don't like relying on people in MMOs because there are so many reasons for them to be unreliable.

As for taking only 2 weapons on an away team they only use the phaser rifle or pistol in the show anyway, a few other extras would be nice like tricorders and some other equipment.

I like it when they said after fighting the ships some klingons had beamed down so you had to go chase them then. We will only really know how well it works when we get to play it.
Lt. Commander
# 42
08-26-2009, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Zinkievich said one of his favourite tactics is to have his science officer use a tacyon beam to knock out an enemy's shields, and then use his tactical officer to destroy the craft with torpedoes
It sounds like the promotion of the "Zinkievich maneuver" :p
Lt. Commander
# 43
08-26-2009, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobFlowers View Post
It is unique and special. I am starting to become fearful that those science and diplomacy missions might be given less attention and may be uber lame.

We should encourage cryptic to not alienate portions of their audience by kindly reminding that we would be very appreciative if we saw more than just pew pew pew.
The problem here is, the "pew pew pew", as it is put, is what grabs the attention of those uneducated in the Star Trek universe.
Lt. Commander
# 44
08-26-2009, 11:45 AM
Yeah I love hearing about the game, but apparently there is only one mission and it involves Klingons and a Vulcan Monastery. I'm guessing pictures from that mission are some of the first Screenshots we got involving "Klingons at a Monastery." So what's the deal? How do those of us who have been a registered follower of this game for a year or more now get rewarded? If you're having trouble writing mission scripts I have about a billion of them(over-estimate).
Lt. Commander
# 45
08-26-2009, 06:29 PM
Bear in mind this is just a whiff from the glass, not even a sip. That said, the pew-pew-pew factor in that mission does give me cause for some concern. I trust that there'll be a good mix of the exploratory missions where non-violent resolutions are just as possible along with the ones where violence is one of the major options. Bonus points for non-violent resolutions would be very nice. I wonder if some of the Kobyashi Maru scenarios on the site here will become missions as well.
Lt. Commander
# 46
08-26-2009, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorgse View Post
Yeah I love hearing about the game, but apparently there is only one mission and it involves Klingons and a Vulcan Monastery. I'm guessing pictures from that mission are some of the first Screenshots we got involving "Klingons at a Monastery." So what's the deal? How do those of us who have been a registered follower of this game for a year or more now get rewarded? If you're having trouble writing mission scripts I have about a billion of them(over-estimate).
You didn't hear? That's why the game is so revolutionary. There is only one mission, you just play it over and over.
Lt. Commander
# 47
08-27-2009, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomon Kane
You didn't hear? That's why the game is so revolutionary. There is only one mission, you just play it over and over.
lol true, cant wait.
Lt. Commander
# 48
08-27-2009, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Airman View Post
Bonus points for non-violent resolutions would be very nice. l.
Since there are two very distinct ways people want to play(diplomatically and "violently") I don't see the point in either giving more "exp", since you would essentially be forcing people to play one way to do "things faster".
Lt. Commander
# 49
08-27-2009, 08:51 AM
Well, one thing in article did alarm me, and that is the fact that it appears there are only 2 phaser banks, forward and back... i was thinking it will have Bridge commander style 8 banks, or even better BC KM style a dozen, with 3 or 4 firing at the same time...
I mean outside of BC KM i never really felt the... power of those starships, since in ST legacy, where they employed a simmular Forward/ back phaser bank, it felt very... well, unrealistic, unepic and untactical.
would be great if it turned out that it was the only ship with 2 phaser banks, but for some reason i am starting to doubt that very much.
Lt. Commander
# 50
08-27-2009, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
Cryptic, don't listen to the whiny comments on the other site. Every time something nice is said by somebody who has actually tried the current code, a few come out of the woodwork and say "waaah, epic fail, I don't want to be a Captain". Yeah right; those are the same people who, if it was a ship full of people with one Captain, would insist on being that Captain.
On what grounds do you make such a ridiculous assertion? If someone says they do not wish to play as a commanding officer of a vessel, you should take him or her at his or her word.

Powers &8^]