Lt. Commander
# 11
01-27-2012, 04:24 PM
Wait a sec? When did the re-runs no longer no longer offer the items that are available in the first runs? I thought that was the point of the Featured Series having a re-run, since you can technically keep playing that series in replay or when they are added to the normal storyline.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-27-2012, 04:27 PM
Quote:
The storyline centers around Deep Space Nine, Bajor...
Huh. So I imagine the future FE plotlines will involve...
STO FE#5 ... we go warp 10 and turn into salamanders.

STO FE#6... we discover warp drive is destroying the universe and have our sector space speed capped at warp 5.

STO FE#7... we run into a bunch of "hilariously" stereotypical drunken Space Irishmen.

STO FE#8... we travel to Ligon II.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-27-2012, 04:27 PM
If I were a new player, I'd be pretty impressed with the upcoming 2nd anniversary event and then the new FE series. The real question is whether they can keep this momentum going after the FE is over.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-27-2012, 04:30 PM
Yeah... a fun month, and then they get told "come back in six to eight months for the next one!"
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-27-2012, 04:37 PM
I wonder how the True Way play into this.

I hope that they continue to roll out "regular" missions as well. Trying to make every single mission up to the quality of the Featured Episodes is going to hold back their pace of production. Not everything needs to have a cutscene or voice acting or new game tech.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-27-2012, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_13_X
Wait a sec? When did the re-runs no longer no longer offer the items that are available in the first runs? I thought that was the point of the Featured Series having a re-run, since you can technically keep playing that series in replay or when they are added to the normal storyline.
I think you're reading too much into the post. It just means that once the run is done you won't get the unique item; which is nothing different from how they've always worked...

The post presented a great argument for having more than 2 FEs per year. I am looking foreward to it, it's been a long time since we've had new story content to do.

The shot of Bajor looks great.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-27-2012, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_13_X
They offter the main items during 're-run weekends' (when they pick an FE series for said weekends.

I'm pretty sure 're-runs' just means whatever cutoff date they set - after wghich they'll add the 5 missions to the geame, assign them a minimum level, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-27-2012, 05:05 PM
That Vedek hat looks impressive! But -1 for no zoom.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler42 View Post
I think you're reading too much into the post. It just means that once the run is done you won't get the unique item; which is nothing different from how they've always worked...

The post presented a great argument for having more than 2 FEs per year. I am looking foreward to it, it's been a long time since we've had new story content to do.

The shot of Bajor looks great.
Up until this point in the history of STO there has been one most important difference between 'Replay' and 'FE Rerun'. I don't expect everyone to know the difference - I do expect the STO EP to know the difference.

Well, okay, I guess at this point I have no reason to expect knowledge of, and usage that is in line with previously established facts regarding, an issue this important from this STO Temp-EP in a prepared, official statement.

However, I maintain that it is ostensibly reasonable for me to expect such a thing from the office of the EP. I really should just stop reading anything Mr. D'Angelo has to say. Every time I read anything he has to say, a little more of my love for this game dies inside.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-27-2012, 05:15 PM
::Borat voice:: I AM EXCITE!