01-27-2012, 05:15 PM
I can Not wait. already making plans for that afternoon to play STO
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-27-2012, 05:16 PM
Please tell me that we can help the dominion to blow up Bajor
Lt. Commander
"Can I replay Feature Episodes?
Yes. Once the series is complete, we will put the episodes into the Episode Replay computer on your starship's bridge so that you may replay them as often as you'd like.

/snip

What is a special limited-time series reward?
While every episode gives out a cool reward at the end, players who are able to complete all 5 episodes in the series arc will receive a special limited-time offer reward. This reward is only available to characters who have completed all episodes and like all other mission rewards in the game is not an account unlock. You generally will have at least 2 weeks after the last episode in a feature series premiers to claim the limited time reward. After that, the reward offer goes away until the series goes into re-runs in the future. You do not need to do anything special to claim this reward. While available, it will be given out at the end of the 5th episode in the series as part of the reward items. Note that you can always claim individual episode rewards no matter when you do the feature episode series."

Yes, I know some things in the FAQ are out of date, but I have not heard anything till now to suggest that this terminology was going to change. If the Temp-EP wants to change this terminology he should let us know and explain the reason for the change.

I would appreciate official clarification on the issue of whether Mr. D'Angelo's statement suggesting that Re-Runs will no longer provide the Special Rewards is in fact true or not. If Re-Runs will no longer provide Special Rewards, I think that in the long run that info is a more significant item for the game as a whole than the exact release date for the next among several FE series.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-27-2012, 05:43 PM
who's the new Kai?
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-27-2012, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elnaith View Post
Please tell me that we can help the dominion to blow up Bajor
that's awful
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-27-2012, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEKIRED
who's the new Kai?
That gathering mission early on DS9 mentioned a Kai Kira...
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-27-2012, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher-Soldier
I would appreciate official clarification on the issue of whether Mr. D'Angelo's statement suggesting that Re-Runs will no longer provide the Special Rewards is in fact true or not. If Re-Runs will no longer provide Special Rewards, I think that in the long run that info is a more significant item for the game as a whole than the exact release date for the next among several FE series.
Okay, while I see the nit-picky point you are making, READ the text from the dev blog:

Quote:
As with previous series, there will be special loot available while the series is in its first run, which will go away when the series goes into “reruns” afterwards. So, mark your calendars and join us each week for the new series!
I see he used the word reruns, but he did so in quotations (and incidentally, without the hyphen). It seems very clear that his meaning with "reruns" refers to the television practice, not the STO "special events" where you can replay missions for their special loot. Your worry seems especially silly since we recently had a special event rerun wherein the Reman, Breen and Ophidian Cane were available.

When the series ends, the loot will go away, until one of the special event reruns.

The devs have better things to do than making sure that a commonly used word in the parlance of episodic media is universally used with an incredibly narrow meaning.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-27-2012, 06:52 PM
*shouting in the background*

"No secretary, I need you to clear EVERY saturday from the 11th to March 10th!"
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-27-2012, 07:37 PM
I can't wait to try these out in my new Odyssey-class starship! The saga of the USS Resolute-B is about to begin...
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-27-2012, 08:37 PM
I can't wait for the new series. It's been WAY too long since new missions were released. I just hope there will be more coming when this series ends. If this game is going to survive than the main story line will need to be continued.