# 31
01-27-2012, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEKIRED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elnaith View Post
Please tell me that we can help the dominion to blow up Bajor
that's awful
You're right. Bajor is totally, totally awful. Someone needs to blow up that useless rock real good.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-27-2012, 10:14 PM
MY Question is, Will Bajor become a social zone like Vulcan or Risa is when this series starts/ends? It be awesome to get a new location even if its not that large.
Lt. Commander
# 33 its about time
01-27-2012, 10:19 PM
It is nice to see that my time and money investment is well earned. I wonder kind of rewards are going to be in the missions. In addition to the game play is there.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-27-2012, 10:33 PM
yay!

*runs out the door and screams at the sky*
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-28-2012, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
You're right. Bajor is totally, totally awful. Someone needs to blow up that useless rock real good.
that's NOT what i ment.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-28-2012, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
So I'd like to point out ot all the new F2P'ers that Cryptic hasn't given out one of these series for a year...yes that long. It is too bad that with all the money from the greed bags alone from Christmas that we will only get 2 FE's a YEAR.
To be fair, there are, to my understanding, a grand total of 20 people working on STO. That's artists, scripting guys, writers, the whole lot. And a single episode - not a series, but just one mission - takes, it was also mentioned, about 3-5 weeks to build. (I can't even recall what subforum I read it on and am too tired to go look.)

Is it annoying to the players that there hasn't been an FE in about a year? Yeah, sure. But you have to remember that that last year saw a lot of changes happen - the switch from Atari to PWE and what I tend to suspect was an immediate, mandated-from-on-high focus on taking STO free-to-play. So it's not like the devs have been sitting on their asses waiting for the money to rain down upon them.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-28-2012, 05:22 AM
I am so excited!!!. This is a great way to divert from the saturation of borg we have experienced this year. Not to mention, the gamma quadrant is ripe for a massive expansion. As far as the exclusive drops, is there still any hope of picking up a BUG SHIP? lol hint! hint!

I happen to be watching DS9 from the beginning to end at the moment too so what wanderful timing

And what is this about "new types of gameplay"?
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-28-2012, 05:26 AM
"With no active Star Trek TV series in production, the weekly release of featured episodes is the closest thing to the excitement of a TV series that Star Trek fans can get."

Personally i think it is even BETTER than a TV Series, because i can actually participate in it instead of just watching it.

But with only 2 of these a YEAR, comparing these missions to a TV Series is, just silly at this point.
It is more like waiting for the next big screen MOVIE (those also have gaps that feel like an eternity).

I truly hope you guys can squeeze enough $ out of F2P in the future to justify increasing your number of Content Dev's to a number where we can actually have these Missions WEEKLY. (or at the very least one every 2 Months).
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-28-2012, 05:45 AM
Very Cool.

But will anything be done to lower the load times for/lag at DS9? With DS9 being the place to go for STF gear pickups it is a bit crowded.
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-28-2012, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kant_Lavar
To be fair, there are, to my understanding, a grand total of 20 people working on STO. That's artists, scripting guys, writers, the whole lot. And a single episode - not a series, but just one mission - takes, it was also mentioned, about 3-5 weeks to build. (I can't even recall what subforum I read it on and am too tired to go look.)

Is it annoying to the players that there hasn't been an FE in about a year? Yeah, sure. But you have to remember that that last year saw a lot of changes happen - the switch from Atari to PWE and what I tend to suspect was an immediate, mandated-from-on-high focus on taking STO free-to-play. So it's not like the devs have been sitting on their asses waiting for the money to rain down upon them.
Everything you say is true, but --

People have been making excuses for this game since the open beta. There comes a time when you have to ask whether or not this project is simply too ambitious for the company that has taken it on. If this is true, then the powers that be have to either ramp up the manpower and resources to do ST:O right or seriously revisit their long-term development strategy.

I would ask the devs to understand to acknowledge the perspective of the players. Those of us who have been on since launch would like to have more things to do in the endgame. I can only grind the Defera dailies and the STFs so many times before it feels like a job. I love the game but these days I can barely bring myself to log in, confronted as I am with completed DOFF assignments, bags filled with commodities and anomalies I have no use for and the same old missions.

Cryptic, if you want my time and you want my c-store credits, you need to keep new mission content coming. However you do that is not my business.

Respectfully,
EB