Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
01-28-2012, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubberwort View Post
I can Not wait. already making plans for that afternoon to play STO
Afternoon?......thinking its a good time to cash in some vactation time, lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
01-28-2012, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinitron72003 View Post
Afternoon?......thinking its a good time to cash in some vactation time, lol
Why? Afternoons are reserved for maintenances.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
01-28-2012, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEKIRED
who's the new Kai?
I believe the new Kai is Kira. (as in, Kira Nerys)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
01-28-2012, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
I believe the new Kai is Kira. (as in, Kira Nerys)

I can't wait to see the new, older Kira. I hope she is still single
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
01-28-2012, 08:04 AM
I have a really hard time picturing Kira as Kai, or as a Vedek. Yeah we know from DS9 her faith was important to her, but I just can't see her becoming a priest...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
01-28-2012, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Morgan0210 View Post
I have a really hard time picturing Kira as Kai, or as a Vedek. Yeah we know from DS9 her faith was important to her, but I just can't see her becoming a priest...
Yeah, kinda ruins the whole sexy and single image from DS9
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
01-28-2012, 09:04 AM
Actually it kind of ruins the whole resistance fighter/Dominion War veteran image for me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
01-28-2012, 02:06 PM
Meh... again two weeks of wait... if it doesn't get postponed...
and then? Another year of nothing?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
01-28-2012, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Morgan0210 View Post
I have a really hard time picturing Kira as Kai, or as a Vedek. Yeah we know from DS9 her faith was important to her, but I just can't see her becoming a priest...
I guess that I don't see Kira taking to a more spiritual path, following the Emissary's 'ascension' (if you will) to the Celestial Temple, such a far stretch. I assume there was at least one Kai following Winn's (un)fortunate demise and the present. If Kira found herself a Vedek and never sought power, I could also see the Vedek Assembly seeing her a practical choice for a Kai. Certainly far superior than the selection of Winn as a previous Kai. We know how well that went, heh. At least Kira actually has experiences with the Orbs from the Prophets.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
01-28-2012, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi'a Meese
I guess that I don't see Kira taking to a more spiritual path, following the Emissary's 'ascension' (if you will) to the Celestial Temple, such a far stretch. I assume there was at least one Kai following Winn's (un)fortunate demise and the present. If Kira found herself a Vedek and never sought power, I could also see the Vedek Assembly seeing her a practical choice for a Kai. Certainly far superior than the selection of Winn as a previous Kai. We know how well that went, heh. At least Kira actually has experiences with the Orbs from the Prophets.
Interestingly enough, the DS9 relaunch novels have Kira as the youngest-ever member of the Vedek Assembly. Coincidence?

...Yeah, probably.

But still, I find it interesting that both versions of post-Nemesis Star Trek have Kira joining the preisthood.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:07 AM.