Lt. Commander
I have items in my email that have expired on the exchange and have been returned. However, I can see the item in the email but the "get item" button is grayed out and I can't even seem to click and drag the items into my inventory (plenty of room too).

What am I doing wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-25-2012, 01:35 PM
You need to get the item via the Mail terminal on ESD near the Fleet banks.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-25-2012, 01:41 PM
Don't they come automatically back to that particular characters inventory? I was under that assumption although I have never checked. I may have to go back and see what is still in my inbox!
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-25-2012, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Bailey
Don't they come automatically back to that particular characters inventory? I was under that assumption although I have never checked. I may have to go back and see what is still in my inbox!
Nope. Purchased items are, and if you remove an item yourself it is, but if it expires on the exchange it comes back in the mail.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-25-2012, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Bailey
It's a safety measure... If your inventory is full, and the items were returned there, they would go *poof*.

Clearly not an option.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
You need to get the item via the Mail terminal on ESD near the Fleet banks.
There's one other limitation that I've found... Returned Exchange mail items can only be claimed by the original Exchange Poster...
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-26-2012, 08:47 PM
Grouchy.Otaku: That's right but I've found the original character can still send it by Mail to another character on the same account. That's how I make sure both my KDF and Fed chars have enough Energy credits. (If anyone has a better method I'd like to know.)
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-26-2012, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
There's one other limitation that I've found... Returned Exchange mail items can only be claimed by the original Exchange Poster...
Why is that a limitation?
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-27-2012, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlava646 View Post
Why is that a limitation?
If you have multiple characters posting on the Exchange, how do you know which one was the original poster??? And what happens if you delete a character who still has items posted on the Exchange???

As far as transfering ECs between characters, I find its much more efficient for charcters to sell to each other on the Exchange, a low demand item with a unique price... (I use mid-level Tribbles for this purpose myself...) to avoid any overhead loss caused by selling to a vendor, or delays waiting for a item to sell on the Exchange...
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-27-2012, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
If you have multiple characters posting on the Exchange, how do you know which one was the original poster??? And what happens if you delete a character who still has items posted on the Exchange???
The returned items are sent to character@handle, not @handle... so your other characters can't even see that mail. The only bug is if you log into a toon with unread item returned mail and leave it unread, you'll get the new mail chirp with every other toon even though you can't access that mail. The workaround for this is to check your mail on the forums.

If you delete a character who still has items posted on the Exchange, I presume the Exchange will keep the items, but when they expire, they disappear as the mail gets sent somewhere that doesn't exist. You likely won't get any energy credits either, as the account with the item doesn't exist. Alternatively, the items on the Exchange are just auto-removed. That's one reason why you should make sure you strip all the valuables you can off toons before you delete them, but this isn't a limitation of the system.