Lt. Commander
# 1 Shield Pen in PvP a lil OP
01-27-2012, 05:42 PM
Im a engineering captain and im set to be tanky so that when my team of klingons uncloak they shoot me 1st and my friends can attack them, but it seems i die every time under 5 sec even with my tanky ship. shields are full every time i die but my hull takes the 100% dmg befor 5-7 sec are up. this is what i do....

Ship shields : Dielectric Oscillation Resilient Shields cuz im poor and get most items from replays

as soon as they all target me i turn on Tac team and two shield heal skills that keeps my shielding up rly well and reverse shield polarity II, then i look to my Hull

Hull HP:30,000

by the time i get to the hull i use Auxlity power to hull to heal what dmg they did with there weak 1st attack, they start there 2nd wave attack around the 4 sec mark and they have BO for shield pen and Tac BO skills for other stuff so the 2nd hits way harder.. i use hazard emitters II to help keep the dmg off me and with the buff from Auxiliary power to hull and the hazard emitters i should live but no i die in 3 sec after, my shields hold the entire time with tac going off i turn reverse shield polarity to keep them max i still have 1 shield healing skill but never need it cuz i die when reverse shield polarity is still running, and if im lucky maybe get a enineering team in when it comes off CD but i wish i could last that long.

and idk if anyone helps heal my shield or Hull i dont rly look to busy. all i know is my shields are up and my hull dies in 5-7 sec with two hull buffs and heals.... i know its 5 ppl but full tank should last like 12 sec maybe 15. that way they feel like im too tanky by there 3rd attack round and try to find other targets so they lose there focus fire and my team still has it on them
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-27-2012, 07:08 PM
Try out the Maco shields I hear they are haxcellent.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-27-2012, 07:46 PM
Get the Aegis shields if you don't want to grind for the STF loot, their pretty good, better than those Breen shields, which are great for PVE but don't stand up to well in PVP.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-27-2012, 07:59 PM
They may be stacking Beta/FoMM/Sensor San on you + be using DEM themselves. However, if you're using TacTeam, Beta and FoMM should be cleansed.

You say your shields are full when you die, and it only takes a few seconds? Next time, try and take a look at your buff bar and the enemy's buff bar; with Resilient shields (full Resilients, at that), you shouldn't be dying from straight bleedthrough in a matter of seconds.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-27-2012, 08:07 PM
Do you have any shields left when you hit RSP? Have they used target subsystem shields?

If you have no shields left and they hit you with a crit beam overload 3, you'll still take all the damage before your shields get healed.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2012, 10:10 AM
i have full shields the whole time, it all happend in the same day so i think it was the same 3 or 4 ppl and they did the same BO spells on top of one another, so when i did the Tac team and other stuff they just re cast the BO spells not knowing they even seen that i cast tac team,all there stuff stacked or something and it just happend to = 80% bleedthorugh or something like that

they didnt use sub att and if they did i would have seen it, and could have cured it with some skill
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-29-2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminHGoff
i have full shields the whole time, it all happend in the same day so i think it was the same 3 or 4 ppl and they did the same BO spells on top of one another, so when i did the Tac team and other stuff they just re cast the BO spells not knowing they even seen that i cast tac team,all there stuff stacked or something and it just happend to = 80% bleedthorugh or something like that

they didnt use sub att and if they did i would have seen it, and could have cured it with some skill
Could be multiple applications of Sensor Scan and Disruptor procs.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-29-2012, 04:25 PM
Even with a full shield facing and Tactcal Team , if your shield resists are low and your defense rating is low (ie stopped by a tractor beam) and your hull resists have been debuffed extremely low, it is still possible for a Beam Overload 3 crit to blow through those shields and hull. Tactical Team rebalances shields after the damage is applied.

For example say, you have no shields left on your right facing and someone hits you with a torpedo. Your hull will take full damage from that torpedo before the auto shield rebalancing takes into effect.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-29-2012, 08:10 PM
might be but i die with reverse shield polarity II on, so i guyes they take huge hits out of me befor it goes on then kill me with torpedos when its going
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-29-2012, 08:58 PM
Run aux to struc and hazard emitters to have some heal and resists. Also get resistance consoles.