Lt. Commander
I can't take the insult anymore!

After 150+ elite, zero proto tech, AND...

If you're not going to give me proto, at least DO NOT give me rare techs!!! Insult!

And mind you, the problem is not "rate", it's systematic. The lottery system will always be a complete miss for a good proportion of people.

Average numbers over large population DO NOT translate fairly to individuals. It's math, laws of nature, whatever you call it.

Just kill mk12 set altogether, please, if you don't know how to give it out. Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-28-2012, 02:00 PM
Indeed this "luckybag" mentality has seeped out of the cstore and into everything lately.

it is an evil disease that cryptic should destroy before it gets worse.

what next..."luckybag" featured episode rewards so you have to grind them hundreds of times to get the actual reward you can use/want.

elite gear should be obtained through tokens not uber rare drops.

I may win the national lottery before i get a full mk xi set.

CRYPTIC HAS IGNORED THE HUNDREDS OF THREADS ON THIS..AND NOT A SINGLE COMMENT FROM THEM.

HEY CRYPTIC THIS ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM IS GETTING BIGGER, OR THE ROOMS GETTING SMALLER, EITHER WAY LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-28-2012, 06:52 PM
They actually did, sort of: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho....php?p=3970210

I don't know how much will actually change, but in the mean time...
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-28-2012, 07:58 PM
Drives me mad as all runs unless you have a fleet event or have a solid group of friends are PUG runs. Elite is made to be challenging and uber difficult, but it is also painful when you're playing with PUG's that don't listen or communicate and this makes the game painful as your playing against not only the machine but the man. After over 100 runs on elite and not a sniff of Elite Borg tech it does feel like a insult. I don;t play Cure elite anymore due to PUG's ruining it, as they just go and kill the 1st cube.despite repeatedly saying do not kill until all cubes can be done simultaneously.

I don;t think anyone is asking for much, grinding has always been the theme when you reach end game, i don;t mind grinding for a item, but when the said items are starting to feel more like myth and legend. it gets to a point where you think why am i grinding for something thats just not going to happen

However it is a very clever tactic by cryptic as it keeps you playing in the hope you'll get the drop..
However I don't agree with the mechanics and lotto bags you should be able to buy he gear with edc lie you can with vet and recruit gear
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-28-2012, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceptionzero View Post
Indeed this "luckybag" mentality has seeped out of the cstore and into everything lately.

it is an evil disease that cryptic should destroy before it gets worse.

what next..."luckybag" featured episode rewards so you have to grind them hundreds of times to get the actual reward you can use/want.

elite gear should be obtained through tokens not uber rare drops.

I may win the national lottery before i get a full mk xi set.

CRYPTIC HAS IGNORED THE HUNDREDS OF THREADS ON THIS..AND NOT A SINGLE COMMENT FROM THEM.

HEY CRYPTIC THIS ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM IS GETTING BIGGER, OR THE ROOMS GETTING SMALLER, EITHER WAY LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS.

I agree 100%... The best gear in the game should NEVER be given out in a Skinner Box. It should be something you get for achieving a hard goal NOT just randomly. Due to the laws of probability: Someone could, in theory, get their full set in their first three tries even whilest being a complete NOOB at doing the STFs. Whereas someone who is very good, professional, and efficient at them could, in theory, never once get a drop no matter how long they tried or how many runs they plowed through.

Just as a side note... I found it a bit funny that the pic in your signature sort of reminds me of the screen display on a slot machine lol. I know it is not supposed to but seems how we were talking lottery it was on my mind.