Lt. Commander
Hello to all, I am new to the game and was hoping to find some experts on whats good for Caitians. See ive already decided on a Caitian Science Officer but I cant decide on what Character Traits to get. If it helps those who take the time to read this my characters personality is one who is no stranger to fighting, is kind hearted, and is willing to do what he must to protect people, mainly why i chose a science officer but I want to be as combat oriented and supportive as possible so a hybrid of combat and healer and im not sure which Traits to grab for this.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-27-2012, 10:39 PM
I have chosen Pounce and Sure Footed but im not sure what to grab for my final trait, I am trying to choose between Creative, Peak Health, Natural Immunities and Physical Strength, anyone have any advice?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-27-2012, 10:49 PM
Strength would help Pounce, but I'd go with Creative. That helps on your kits and that's a good thing whether you are healing or using offensive abilities.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-27-2012, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracounguis
Strength would help Pounce, but I'd go with Creative. That helps on your kits and that's a good thing whether you are healing or using offensive abilities.
Thanks, would Creative also help Pounce or is that different?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-27-2012, 10:50 PM
People tend to go with traits that help in space combat. There are a few that are favorites, and those are the ones that add accuracy, defense, and to engineering skills.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-27-2012, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ootarion
I have chosen Pounce and Sure Footed but im not sure what to grab for my final trait, I am trying to choose between Creative, Peak Health, Natural Immunities and Physical Strength, anyone have any advice?
You don't really plan on meleeing much with a Science Officer do you? If not you should avoid Physical Strength and Pounce.

Sure Footed probably isn't going to do you wonders either. While knock back is fairly common roots aren't as much.

Creative is good since it buffs all kit powers, so is Peak Health since it lets you take more damage before die.

Might want to consider Sturdy or Resilient. Sturdy is a little like Sure Footed in that it helps with knock back, but it sacrifices root resistance for physical/kinetic resistance (which you'll run into a lot more often than roots). Resilient will give you more resistance to all damage. Either will work well with Peak Health. Basically Peak Health/Sturdy/Resilient will all do a bit to keep your Science Officer in the game tossing debuffs/heals/CC/etc by helping toughen them up.

I might consider going Feline Instincts, Creative, Peak Health, Resilient.

Though most folks would prefer Feline Instincts, Elusive, Accurate, Creative no doubt.