Lt. Commander
# 1 Bugs - no fumigators?
01-27-2012, 09:54 PM
Currently I've run into a mission that I've tried four times and every single time I run into bugs that make it unplayable; I simply cannot continue because the triggers are blown all to hell

Colliseum: Marooned

First time I'm asked to find medicine... this after I'd wandered by the first trigger point (that never indicated itself), and killed a mob. Of course, when I tried to find the medicine the NPC (Salek) disappeared and I had to reset.

The second time I got that part right... then proceeded to the next point where I eliminated the same mobs again... only to be told that I had to go back and 'find food' by defeating them. Of course, the corpses had long since disappeared. Another reset.

I avoided the mobs, went to the point where it triggered the 'find food' objective... I went back, killed the mobs. No mission item appeared for me to pick up. I did this three more times, and each time the same exact results.

This is an ongoing bug that is over a year old - is there no one fixing mission bugs?

I put in a separate issue GM help ticket two weeks ago... and it has yet to be answered. Should I expect the same blasse response to this game-breaking, game-ending mission bug?

This is how you loose players! If they cannot progress, they leave!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-27-2012, 10:07 PM
And getting 'this voice chat brought to you by Vivox' is driving me insane.

A bug like that getting past QA should get someone, if not the entire department, fired.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-27-2012, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfblood
The second time I got that part right... then proceeded to the next point where I eliminated the same mobs again... only to be told that I had to go back and 'find food' by defeating them. Of course, the corpses had long since disappeared. Another reset.
You don't have to go back to anything. A mob spawns up a cliff ahead of you when you're told to collect food. Check your map.

Quote:
And getting 'this voice chat brought to you by Vivox' is driving me insane.

A bug like that getting past QA should get someone, if not the entire department, fired.
Silvers get ads though the voice chat system. That's not a bug, that's intended. If you have voice chat turned on you get that ad. You can entirely shut off voice chat in the menus and it should kill it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-27-2012, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
You don't have to go back to anything. A mob spawns up a cliff ahead of you when you're told to collect food. Check your map.

Silvers get ads though the voice chat system. That's not a bug, that's intended. If you have voice chat turned on you get that ad. You can entirely shut off voice chat in the menus and it should kill it.
Wait til the Geico/Coca-Cola/Toyota/Verizon/Etc....commercials eventually make it to silver vivox voice chat.....then the fun really begins.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-27-2012, 11:35 PM
I've never encountered those bugs.
Have you filed bug reports and check the bug section of the forums?

Also, it can't be over a year old. That mission wasn't released until February 26th, 2011.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-28-2012, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nileight View Post
I've never encountered those bugs.
Have you filed bug reports and check the bug section of the forums?

Also, it can't be over a year old. That mission wasn't released until February 26th, 2011.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=204306

And the day it was launched the first bug report was posted. Hasn't been fixed since.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-28-2012, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Massive game breakingly broken mission this one is. A complete ALL STOP.

Badly written mission triggers, NPCs randomly vanishing, no NPC follower icon to return to if they get misdirected or just sit down because they have a belly ache.

Completely horrible and you're forced to re-do the entire mission because you happened to miss a rock formation (which when I first attempted the mission did not even 'glimmer' to tell me I needed to stop there until I beamed out and back).

-10 out of 10 for this piece of crock.

Tutorial:
Exit the mission, wait 10 minutes, re-enter.

Go hide in the rocks.
Go toward the second mission waypoint, rotate your camera to WATCH SALEK. When you enter the mission watch where he goes. TALK TO HIM BEFORE PROCEEDING. Recover plants, continue to third waypoint. Kill mobs, get stuff, go to cave, get stuff...

Mission designers: Put a warrigal pack by the cave entrance you idiots.

Went back, evaded the Warrigal pack, got the 'find food' subtext... went back and killed the warrigals... NO DAMN FOOD.

I've done this mission 4 times now. Each time, no matter what I do, I cannot get past the 'kill warriguls' trigger because no 'food' item is being offered.
This is how games loose players, by stopping them dead in their tracks with bugs so severe it cripples their game enjoyment.

Time to spam the hell out of the GMs to autocomplete the mission.

If you get the mission, just petition them to skip you to the next one. This one is broken beyond usability.
Was just able to successfully complete this mission again.
I encountered no bugs that were described here.

That may be the problem, if bugs can't be replicated, they can't be fixed.
Calling the devs idiots is probably lots of help though.

No need to spam the GM's or ask them to skip you either. Just hit the skip button in the journal.
GL everyone!
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-28-2012, 03:28 AM
I don't think that's a bug, I think you're just not searching well enough. If you'd like, I'll come with you on the mission, and find out just what the issue is.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-28-2012, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Currently I've run into a mission that I've tried four times and every single time I run into bugs that make it unplayable; I simply cannot continue because the triggers are blown all to hell

Colliseum: Marooned

First time I'm asked to find medicine... this after I'd wandered by the first trigger point (that never indicated itself), and killed a mob. Of course, when I tried to find the medicine the NPC (Salek) disappeared and I had to reset.

I avoided the mobs, went to the point where it triggered the 'find food' objective... I went back, killed the mobs. No mission item appeared for me to pick up. I did this three more times, and each time the same exact results.

This is an ongoing bug that is over a year old - is there no one fixing mission bugs?

I put in a separate issue GM help ticket two weeks ago... and it has yet to be answered. Should I expect the same blasse response to this game-breaking, game-ending mission bug?

This is how you loose players! If they cannot progress, they leave!

I ran this mission, with an engineer (the "food" part is engineering specific, science hunt water, tactical collect firewood), about 2 days ago.

the mission is fine. the problem is you. you're not following the mission text, not checking your minimap and main map for the locator circles and not paying attention to the flow of the mission (which generally moves you across the map).

please take the advice of some of the other players here and do this mission with them, so you can see where you're going wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-28-2012, 07:13 AM
I have ran this mission maybe 40 times (on alts and to grind for a blue mk xi falchion sword)

only once had an issue. It was because i advanced too far through the map without following my objectives.