Lt. Commander
# 1 Shuttle Crafts
01-28-2012, 05:44 AM
Star Trek online has done so much to incorporate so much of the qualities of he star trek universe yet were not able to link shuttles to starships instead of having to fly al the way to the nearest starbase to swap over ships in order to do mission it should be made that your ship has for example shuttle slots that you'd be able to launch from the ship when not in combat or even if in combat use the shuttles to defend your ship from enemy attacks....
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-28-2012, 08:12 AM
Go to your bridge, take the turbolift to the engineering deck, and talk to the NPC in the transporter room. They'll let you select any shuttle in your ship slots.

When you're done with your shuttle, go to it's "bridge" and talk to the officer standing in the back. They'll let you switch back to the last ship you were using.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-28-2012, 08:39 AM
Speaking of shuttle bridges, I'd love to be able to have more shuttle interiors. I don't like the fact that all shuttle interiors look like the inside of a runabout.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2012, 10:11 PM
I'm curious about the shuttlecraft; is there a point to using them?

Not sure about their purpose if there ain't no shuttle or fighter related missions.

Don't want to fly a little runabout against a Klingon battlecruiser.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2012, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
I'm curious about the shuttlecraft; is there a point to using them?

Not sure about their purpose if there ain't no shuttle or fighter related missions.

Don't want to fly a little runabout against a Klingon battlecruiser.
There are shuttle/fighter related missions. The Vault is currently the only one where you have to use your own though, and the other one is a Klingon mission.

Shuttle only PVP events held by the community are also done sometimes, such as this one held recently.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=250434