01-28-2012, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Pot meet kettle
It's an infinite loop!
Lt. Commander
# 113
01-28-2012, 09:28 AM
Lets face facts a little, is it acceptable that after 2 years a game has daily downtime due to bugs, bad coding and faults with the game? not really. Does that change the fact it happens and is happening right now with STO, not really. So is it better they do it to stop the game engine / code / characters from being damaged in a permenant way? Yes absolutely.

So by whining about it instead of expresssing constructive concern is it helping the situation? Not really.

Hope they get it fixed soon and it is hopefully not a permenent situation.
Lt. Commander
# 114 Downtime is getting old
01-28-2012, 09:29 AM
I love this game and think it is the best MMO out there but ALL games Suck when they arent ONLINE! After getting angry at downtime on a Saturday, and reading this thread where there are defenders of the downtime and those that like me are angry, this is MY perspective, I don't really have time to play all week and mostly can only find time on Saturday to play and enjoy this game. I havent been angered and understanding of downtime during the week, because I am working. BUT what kind of moron not only does a restart on a Saturday? Granted its the highest volume day of any week in any MMO, but thats the POINT to not take it down, so now i lose half my play time to the ever extending server down, I guess it went free for nothing with all the downtime, but I am a pay to play player and had planned to remain so for the future. But I also knew they'd find a way to completely screw the pay to players that remained in the game. As free players cant complain about downtime because they play for free! So this is how pay to play gets hosed!
to those running the game this downtime stuff is Idiotic! Thanx for nothing, which is what I now get for what I pay for.
Lt. Commander
# 115
01-28-2012, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT01 View Post
Fix'd.
Get it?
Geddit?!
Eh? Eh?

.... I'll just... show myself out....
hahaha

You have earned my respect, which can be traded in for nothing of value at your nearest convenience store.
Lt. Commander
# 116
01-28-2012, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
That's some F2P game? They are not paying for a service.
Ignorance is bliss eh?

STO is F2P last time I checked, in cased you missed that. And DCUO has a full member paying sub option just like STO does in case you missed that (it's 14.99 a month, I know cause I pay for it). And it's a big time IP game; DC Comics, made by a large developer; SOE and distributed by the largest digital download service; STEAM, in case you missed all that as well...

Care to try again?
Lt. Commander
# 117
01-28-2012, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by optyk View Post
Ignorance is bliss eh?
No wonder. Superhero genre (not a fan) + Sony Offline Entertainment (not a fan).

Quote:
Care to try again?
No, thanks. I'm good.
Lt. Commander
# 118
01-28-2012, 09:57 AM
Time for popcorn... this is getting better and better.
Lt. Commander
# 119
01-28-2012, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
Did you know that Blizzard often gives 24h free gametime for excessive downtimes?
Cryptic != Blizzard
Lt. Commander
# 120
01-28-2012, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainQuirk View Post
Cryptic != Blizzard
Really? I could have sworn they were the same...

What's the STOked special event tonight?
Closed Thread