Lt. Commander
# 11
01-28-2012, 07:44 AM
I dont care how many times they take the server down, if it means its going to run better. Nothing worse than a buggy server. And like was mentioned these things take time, or they could just rush it and screw everything up, would people prefer that.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-28-2012, 07:49 AM
I agree that rebooting the servers every... single... day... is a bad sign. I thought they had fixed this, already. Apparently they only sorta fixed it. Well, I guess that is the way Cryptic does business. I think their motto is: Any job worth doing is worth doing twice. Or more.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-28-2012, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexiom
I agree that rebooting the servers every... single... day... is a bad sign. I thought they had fixed this, already. Apparently they only sorta fixed it. Well, I guess that is the way Cryptic does business. I think their motto is: Any job worth doing is worth doing twice. Or more.
It hasnt really been so bad this past week, so maybe they just figured "Better shut it down, when theres almost no staff, and avoid incidents than let it run and risk data loss"?
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-28-2012, 07:58 AM
I ubderstand the need for downtime - but it would be a bit fairer to European players if it was sometimes not in the afternoon/early evening.
Lt. Commander
# 15 Offline AGAIN!!!
01-28-2012, 07:58 AM
Just finished work, get home, have a cup of tea amd a sammich.

I sit down in front of the PC, boot up my Star Trek Online client.

'Down for maintenance'

Star Trek Offline !

What a joke !
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-28-2012, 07:59 AM
You're clearly so enraged you missed the thread under this one...

It's due to be back up in 31 minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-28-2012, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAngelis
If this were a Blizzard game I would not be playing it. Blizzard games bring in a type of player I refuse to associate with.
I bet you haven't tried pugging any STFs yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by optyk View Post
It's odd. DCUO resets their servers everyday for 1hr and no one complains at all
That's some F2P game? They are not paying for a service.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-28-2012, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot-Cancer View Post
You're clearly so enraged you missed the thread under this one...

It's due to be back up in 31 minutes.
Errr, I'm not enraged, so stop being so rude !
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-28-2012, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
That's some F2P game? They are not paying for a service.
STO is also F2P. DCUO is ALSO F2P with a subscriber/item shop service.

The only difference being DCUO is owned by Sony... and well, it's the DC universe, so superheroes and all that.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-28-2012, 08:08 AM
I can understand why this can be frustrating for some people. They have been taking the server down nearly every day ever since season five hit. For longer term members, who are not techincal experts and are just handing their money over, is it really any surprise that some people are now sitting around and going "why is it always going down these days" and "what am I paying for"?

I don't understand why those people who are obseqiuous and think that Cryptic can do no wrong just berate those who express their frustration on the board. Why not at least try to understand where the OP is coming from, even if you don't agree with it?
Closed Thread