Lt. Commander
# 21
01-28-2012, 09:08 AM
yes, it's annoying, but it's to prevent STO from crashing or servers from running rougher... small annoyance is a small price to pay for that, right?
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-28-2012, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosCola
Sad to say that every single time the last week Iīm gonna log in to play the server goes down for fixes or restarts. Itīs extremly anoying to pay for something that you canīt play. I understand the situation, but really; Canīt you fix so that you donīt need quite so much downtime. Star Trek Offline is not funny...
LOOOL @ the people raging at you for mentioning this during a downtime...lol

Ignore the forum regs that get away with trolling, Cryptic have their favourites!
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-28-2012, 09:10 AM
How was that rude? He was just telling you that you missed something.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-28-2012, 09:10 AM
im sure once all the issues are sorted it will get back to once week shutdowns again like before. Played this since beta and trust me this is a lot better than the first launch where it was down 5-6 times a day due to crashes and made it unplayable for days on end.

EVE online does a 1 hour at least a day shutdowns and even longer for a patch that can be 24-36 hours sometimes and they dont normally give free time every time it happens it is part of MMO life.

I would rather they sort out the chars servers than have even more annoyed players complaining that things are not being sorted.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-28-2012, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
I bet you haven't tried pugging any STFs yet.

That's some F2P game? They are not paying for a service.
Many times, and they are still far above that which is in Blizzard games.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-28-2012, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balvin
im sure once all the issues are sorted it will get back to once week shutdowns again like before. Played this since beta and trust me this is a lot better than the first launch where it was down 5-6 times a day due to crashes and made it unplayable for days on end.

EVE online does a 1 hour at least a day shutdowns and even longer for a patch that can be 24-36 hours sometimes and they dont normally give free time every time it happens it is part of MMO life.

I would rather they sort out the chars servers than have even more annoyed players complaining that things are not being sorted.
EVE Online have stuff in game you can buy for game credits that give you 30 days of playing time, so in a sense you could play for free anyway.

EVE Online doesn't go offline at between 3 and 6pm GMT eveyday now does it !
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-28-2012, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElChup47
I don't understand why those people who are obseqiuous and think that Cryptic can do no wrong just berate those who express their frustration on the board. Why not at least try to understand where the OP is coming from, even if you don't agree with it?
Take a look at my Location... Each and everyone of theese downtimes is in MY primetime... Always inbetween my kids bedtime, and the time my GF and I have proper time together without interruption.

I very well understand the OP's position and I am just as frustrated as he is, but My main has cost me a fair deal of time, both on holodeck, Red Shirt and Tribble...

I do however also have a handful of IT and Server expirience, and I know how bad things can go without proper maitenance and attention...

Try dealing with 50 customers who all are missing their webpage because of a database crash.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-28-2012, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon653 View Post
How was that rude? He was just telling you that you missed something.
Calling me names isn't rude ?
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-28-2012, 09:21 AM
Clearly you're so enraged you can't distinguish the difference between identifying an emotional state and ascribing a derogatory label to someone.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-28-2012, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAngelis
Many times, and they are still far above that which is in Blizzard games.
No way would an average player you meet in STF pug finish any heroic instance in WoW. People actually manage to FAIL normal Cure space.
Closed Thread