Lt. Commander
# 71
01-28-2012, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
You mean they can't afford to compensate subscribers?
I'm curious as to which alternate reality you pulled that out of, as not once did I suggest or even insinuate that this was my stance. Context is a tricky little bugger, isn't it? My post was directed at those comparing the amount of down time between a game like World of ******** and a game like Star Trek Online, not at those complaining about compensation.

With that said I just want to point out that if you're paying for a 30-day subscription - let's put it at 10 bucks a month to make a simple example - then you're essentially paying 33.3 cents per day for that subscription. That's 1.3875 cents per hour. You're paying Cryptic Studios a mere 3 cents for a 2 hour down time once a day, and 21 cents if it were to happen each day each week. 41.625 cents a month if there is a 2 hour downtime every day for the entire 30 day period. Assuming that you sleep 8 hours per day, you're already paying Cryptic Studios 11 cents per day (3.30 per month) just for sleep. Factor in school, work, and so on, and suddenly 42 cents per month (at the maximum estimation) suddenly doesn't seem so bad to ensure that the game works during the other 9.58 that you're paying them.

If you want to be compensated 42 cents (fake/exaggerated number remember) then yeah absolutely they should do that. Is it really so important for you though?
Lt. Commander
# 72
01-28-2012, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthian
You don't get to start a thread on a topic and then declare that everyone with another opinion is a troll or flamer
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
Trolling back, flaming, being rude - all of these will just lead to YOU getting an infraction. And we do not care "who started it". You guys are all mature enough to know that excuse stopped working a couple of years ago as you all grew up.
I suggest you guys read this, then visit my profile and click ignore... thanks
Lt. Commander
# 73
01-28-2012, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerithlan
If you want to be compensated 42 cents (fake/exaggerated number remember) then yeah absolutely they should do that. Is it really so important for you though?
Fail math. People don't play 24h every day.
Lt. Commander
# 74
01-28-2012, 08:51 AM
I have to admit, of all days to have to do maint sat is the worst.
Lt. Commander
# 75
01-28-2012, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
Fail math. People don't play 24h every day.
That was kind of my point exactly. You're already wasting the majority of your subscription fee not playing. I understand if you're raging but at least be intelligent about it. That's twice now you've attacked me completely off-base.
Lt. Commander
# 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrekkingAngel
I suggest you guys read this, then visit my profile and click ignore... thanks
Your threads make the game downtime go faster :p
Lt. Commander
# 77

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Askray
Lt. Commander
# 78
01-28-2012, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by optyk View Post
It's odd. DCUO resets their servers everyday for 1hr and no one complains at all. They just wait till the servers are back up and go play again.

No rage, no 'epic fail' threads etc etc...
DCUO. never heard of it maybe this is why no one complains no one knows of it :p
Lt. Commander
# 79
01-28-2012, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
Look I know its annoying but again this is because there is a problem involving character data being saved. they have to take the server down more often than normal because if they dont there could be an issue with players losing data. do you want that to happen? i assume not, so until they fix it we are going to have to deal with this. constantly making threads about downtime wont change the downtime.
I wasn't rude in my OP to anyone.

I didn't suggest the downtime shouldn't be here.

I didn't ask why the downtime happens.
Lt. Commander
# 80
01-28-2012, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot-Cancer View Post
You're clearly so enraged you missed the thread under this one...

It's due to be back up in 31 minutes.
Nearly 60 minutes later and they're still offline...lol
Closed Thread