Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrekkingAngel
Just finished work, get home, have a cup of tea amd a sammich.

I sit down in front of the PC, boot up my Star Trek Online client.

'Down for maintenance'

Star Trek Offline !

What a joke !
Down for scheduled maintenance FYI!!

It was advertised, everyone knew it would be down.
Perhaps in the future before you go off on a little tirade about how you, above all others, deserve special treatment should take a moment to realize that the Cryptic, STO, and the universe does NOT revolve around you nor do any of these things take in to consideration any of your needs as a person.
You should also take some time to consider the need and importance of maintenance.
Lt. Commander
# 82
01-28-2012, 08:57 AM
Hahaha....I LOL'd at the headline. Nice job submitter.
Lt. Commander
# 83
01-28-2012, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerithlan
That was kind of my point exactly. You're already wasting the majority of your subscription fee not playing. I understand if you're raging but at least be intelligent about it. That's twice now you've attacked me completely off-base.
I'm not raging. I'm enjoying 2 hours in the forums instead of in the game. But you can't really claim 2 hours of downtime during 5pm to 7pm is the same as having 2 hours of downtime during 4am to 6am. All consumer rights organizations would agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dresnik
Haha this just shows how much of a troll you really are Kitsune
Reported.
Lt. Commander
# 84
01-28-2012, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrekkingAngel
Nearly 60 minutes later and they're still offline...lol
The downtime is for 3 hours. and started less than an hour ago. Also the downtimes are posted ahead of time, it was no surprise it was happening.
Lt. Commander
# 85
01-28-2012, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJabroni View Post
HAHA!

Irony.

/Phil Ken Sebben
Being American is a negative now?
Lt. Commander
# 86
01-28-2012, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
Being American is a negative now?
Has been for about 7 years or so ... if you ask any non-Americans
Lt. Commander
# 87
01-28-2012, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
The downtime is for 3 hours. and started less than an hour ago. Also the downtimes are posted ahead of time, it was no surprise it was happening.
originally an hour and a half so its doubled since the start.
Lt. Commander
# 88
01-28-2012, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
You clearly didn't read my OP or any of my other posts in this thread...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
Lt. Commander
# 89
01-28-2012, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
No. As long as I pay for a service I'll use my right. Is someone forcing people to read the topics about servers being offline?
Except your service agreement states that downtime WILL happen, and can be at any time for any reason. your payment and your use of the service is you giving your agreement that you understand and accept this.

so to then come on and complain that the service is down and say you have a right to complain because you're paying for it would be incorrect. you agree that it can be down at any time, for any length of time, by paying. so you dont have a right to complain about it, go back to the EULA and check it.

its standard across any service provided across the internet as well.

one other thing about this, if the servers are coming down its because A - there's a problem or B - they have to be reset, in either case there's the potential for something to go catastrophically wrong when they attempt to boot back up.. the servers are on the east coast the US, so thats 5 hours behind GMT/UTC (at the moment) which gives them plenty of time to wait and monitor them as they come back online in case of said catastrophic failure.

the time slot they use allows for normal working hours for the team responsible for the servers (meaning no overtime costs, less money spent on keeping the game running means more for potential development) as well as being one of the lower server load times. yes, saturday is a bad example of this i'm aware...

i'm pretty sure anyone who could be bothered to could go and locate the repeated dev posts about why this timeslot has been chosen.. so do we really need several topics about it every single time it happens? are we as a community so childish that we have to stamp our feet and scream and scream about this every time?
Lt. Commander
# 90
01-28-2012, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog0000
DCUO. never heard of it maybe this is why no one complains no one knows of it :p
I've never heard of it either...lol
Closed Thread