Lt. Commander
# 31
01-29-2012, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_X
Technically, Star Cruisers are the flagships of fleets as described by Cryptic. The Enterprise is the flagship of the entire Federation. Confusing, I know.

The same goes for the Battle Cruisers on the KDF side.
...That's because it was written before the Odyssey even existed.

I think Star Cruisers just lost that status.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-29-2012, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xautos
then explain how a small intrepid light cruiser with VADM William Ross onboard during the latter part of the DS9 arc became flagship? because he was a flag officer and chose that ship. if Picard chose the USS Brittain, an old miranda frigate instead of the ent-D, that ship would of been designated flagship and the ent-D would just be another statistic like the USS Venture and USS Majestic.
The term flagship in Star Trek has always has two meaning. One is the prestige of being the foremost ship in the fleet. And the other use is the better know "Flagship" as being the flag ship of a ship.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-29-2012, 08:15 PM
Stumbled into tribble K on Friday with another BortaS and three Odysses's and how found them evenly matched, though the three Odysses did win more often due to numbers.
I think the fear of the Odysses being weak is premature.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-29-2012, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xautos
then explain how a small intrepid light cruiser with VADM William Ross onboard during the latter part of the DS9 arc became flagship? because he was a flag officer and chose that ship. if Picard chose the USS Brittain, an old miranda frigate instead of the ent-D, that ship would of been designated flagship and the ent-D would just be another statistic like the USS Venture and USS Majestic.
picard was not a flag officer, he wasnt an admiral or even a commodore.

the occasional passing dialogue through out all of tng about how the enterprise is the flagship and its a big deal it made it pretty clear that the enterprise is the flagship of the federation, thats why the borg were interested in it in best of both worlds

picard was a captain not an admiral so if he picked the brittain over the enterprise, the enterprise-d would of still been the flagship of the federation only with some other captain
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-29-2012, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
...That's because it was written before the Odyssey even existed.

I think Star Cruisers just lost that status.
I'm not sure. Odyssey is still classified as a Star Cruiser according to the Dev Diary.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-29-2012, 11:48 PM
1: That design will not do, by any length. A ship of that stature needs a Comm. Engineer of 4 slots.

2:Lets offer a more pratical solution to make this ship very unique (and someone might said this before too), instead of three different ships, have a special console selection (within the ship) upon going to Drydock (and only there), select the parameters (3) of said professions. When it selected, it stays until the ship returns back to Drydock for a specific mission refit.
This of course, might rise the price of it at the C-Store, but it will be a ship of a true unique design, and it wll be flexible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presticus View Post
But we also haven't seen a Tier 5 ship with 10 console slots and 13 Boff powers yet, which is what your post seems to be suggesting. Not that I wouldn't complain about that, actually, since I'm pretty much going to buy the C-Store versions of both FED and KDF ships. But if they do they should make them the first true Tier 6 ships.

I suspect the C-Store Odossey (1)will come with a 3/3/3 console layout and they'll juggle around the Boff layout, but it will still have 12 boff powers total.

Actually what Id love for them to do would be to release (2)three C-Store versions of each: (3)One with a Lt Cmd Engineering, one with a Lt Cmd Tactical, one with a Lt Cmd Science, make the universal stations Lt and Ensign and adjust the console layout to fit each version (or 3/3/3).