Lt. Commander
With the new story progression and all the previous featured series being integrated into it, I'm curious how the next series will be worked in. When they first launched all the old series kinda stood apart from the other STO missions and where accessible at rather early levels, but now their all only accessible at higher levels, some of them much higher. Will the new Dominion series require characters to reach a certain level before being able to do them now (like the current Dominion story arc in STO), or will they be a stand alone set that can be accessed at low levels like how the old series used to be?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-28-2012, 12:20 PM
We don't really know the particulars yet. I assume that specifics will be given to use in upcoming Dev Blogs when the FE grows nearer - much like the Odyssey and Bortas info was given to us this week.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-28-2012, 12:29 PM
If they follow what has happened to the old FE's then after a short run they will move to be slotted into the story progression arcs, which would likely put them in the Cardassian regions at level 39 plus.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-28-2012, 01:00 PM
I can't see Cryptic limiting access to these missions by making them level 30+ right away. That means there are people who won't be getting the special rewards which obviously isn't fair.

My guess is that these missions will be put into the story arc just like the rest of the missions, but will be unlocked upon release. Perhaps a month after the series ended their level will be adjusted.

I'm curious to hear from Cryptic about this though. I hadn't thought about this before you mentioned it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-28-2012, 02:40 PM
As there is no more room in the mission progression list until the level cap gets raised, I suspect that the Bajor FE series will be treated like previous FEs with a minimum level -- I'd expect around 6-10 for Starfleet and 22 or so for KDF -- to start, but otherwise just "when you want to".

(Even when the cap eventually gets boosted to 60, the Borg, Undine, and Breen will take up most of the top 10 levels as it is.)
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-28-2012, 07:04 PM
they did say the mission to get the free flagships (odyssey/Bortas) would be available at Lt 5. so im going to go with a previous poster and say that the initial run of the FE Will be progression free but after a while will be added to the progression at some point.