Lt. Commander
Is it just me...or does this game seem to approach increase difficulty by upping DPS/Shield/Hull/Enemy Numbers...rather than making the enemies fight smarter? I, for one, would like smarter enemies...not just tankier ones nor one-shot pwnmeisters. To the devs...with all the changes that have gone into space and ground for players...has anything been done to make our enemies fight using tactics rather than zerg zerg zerg?

Sure, there are missions that require some thinking i.e. some STFs...but for the most part...people can get away with auto-fire and the occasional boff power usage. This is a big no no, especially since Star Trek throughout the Series/Movies tactics were paramount (no pun intended) in combat. So please...try and find a way to make the enemy smarter.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-28-2012, 10:53 PM
It's a lot easier to simply up the stats of NPCs than code in smarter AI routines that actually apply tactics. Given their past track record, it's abundantly clear that Cryptic lacks the resources and/or the talent to revamp the enemy AI in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2012, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormnnorm
It's a lot easier to simply up the stats of NPCs than code in smarter AI routines that actually apply tactics. Given their past track record, it's abundantly clear that Cryptic lacks the resources and/or the talent to revamp the enemy AI in the game.
If this is indeed the case...I'm very disappointed.