Lt. Commander
# 1 Photos for my mother
01-28-2012, 04:42 PM
Hello All,

Long time viewer, first time poster.

I wanted to know what you all thought of this. Over the past weeks, I have been going around STO taking screenshots to send to my mother, the woman that got me into Star Trek from such a young age. I have recently printed these as photos at the local Walmart.

Also, do you all have any ideas for places that I can go to so I take more pictures?

I hope my mom loves them!

Thanks,

Jaime
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-28-2012, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star_Trek85 View Post
Hello All,

Long time viewer, first time poster.

I wanted to know what you all thought of this. Over the past weeks, I have been going around STO taking screenshots to send to my mother, the woman that got me into Star Trek from such a young age. I have recently printed these as photos at the local Walmart.

Also, do you all have any ideas for places that I can go to so I take more pictures?

I hope my mom loves them!

Thanks,

Jaime
Doing explore mission can bring up some nice views
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-28-2012, 04:58 PM
She might appreciate views of the "classic" places from the show: DS9, Starfleet Academy, Earthspacedock shipyard, Earth orbit (fly around to the moon and the external shipyards), Vulcan, Qo'Nos, KDF shipyards, and... umm.... maybe screens from the Doomsday Machine.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-28-2012, 05:21 PM
The Breen series provides some good shots. The "Night of the Comet" also provides some epic shots. That being said, I can find great screenshots in almost every level I play. Just keep that printscreen button handy.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2012, 01:57 AM
Yep! Just use a 3rd party program like Fraps, and snap away! Classic locations and starships (especially Constitution, Excelsior, Galaxy) will sure catch her fancy.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2012, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
Yep! Just use a 3rd party program like Fraps, and snap away! Classic locations and starships (especially Constitution, Excelsior, Galaxy) will sure catch her fancy.
You don't need FRAPS for this game unless you're doing video.

For screenshots without the user interface, just push the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard. It will save a jpg image to your "\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots" directory.

For screenshots with the UI, there's a command you type into the chat window: "/screenshot_ui_jpg". As you start typing it, it autocompletes the command for you to let you know you're typing it in the right place.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-29-2012, 09:17 AM
Oh poo... I thought the thread said photos OF your mother. Ah well sorry :/