Lt. Commander
# 1 New Captain's Log Posted 1/28
01-28-2012, 09:25 PM
Quote:
This week, after what seemed like an interminable period of waiting, Star Trek Online's acting Executive Producer Stephen D'Angelo posted a dev blog that outlines most of the details for STO's second anniversary events.
http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/01...rview-with-ad/
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-28-2012, 11:17 PM
I like the Odyssey Patch. :p
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-28-2012, 11:34 PM
Read the article, and beside the minor error regarding the boff layout (unless it changed when I wasn't looking), I'm left with one question. Adam Ihle plays the game (he got a lifetime, and he has two ships), he created the winning design, so why isn't he getting the Odyssey? Not an Odyssey, but THE Odyssey. U.S.S. Odyssey NCC whatever.

Shouldn't the winner of the contest have the privilege of flying the ship the entire ship class is named for?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2012, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presticus View Post
Shouldn't the winner of the contest have the privilege of flying the ship the entire ship class is named for?

I've said it before: he should get the +1 Variant for free.

Also I think that it would be nifty to have the engineer we get the Odyssey from be named after him. He is the designer, after all.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2012, 05:54 AM
Adam's reaction was understandable (after all, what would you think if you actually WON the chance to design an Enterprise?) :p

'Trekkers sure are passionate!'... yeah, that's an understatement if i ever heard one

still, loved the captain's log
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2012, 06:31 AM
Hrm. Sounds to me like he doesn't have any characters past Lt.

They should autolevel a character for him so he can fly the Odyssey.

He can still go through the story content but get to do it in his ship that way.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-29-2012, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Hrm. Sounds to me like he doesn't have any characters past Lt.
That seems to be pretty typical LTS actually.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-29-2012, 07:26 AM
I don't see why they didn't also let players design the Klingon flagship as part of the contest.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-29-2012, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clobbertime View Post
I don't see why they didn't also let players design the Klingon flagship as part of the contest.
The contest itself had a lot of forum negativity. I think their PR-team mishandled it and so I think they really weren't up for a second contest. Add in the fact that everything KDF related is second hand and sort of "oh yeah, we forgot ... Klingons" and you get a situation where the design of the KDF flagship fell into Logan's hands because that was the only way it was ever going to get done. Luckily, the flagship wasn't going to debut for ages since they had put a hold on all new missions.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-29-2012, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clobbertime View Post
I can personally forgo the voting for getting such a cool looking ship in such a short time. Normally, it takes 1.5+ years; instead, it took about 6-8 months.

Edit: Captain Logan is taking most of the credit for this one, too.